Chapter 15

Dedicated to @Huntress_17 for giving me so much motivation to continue writing.

Seungcheol being Seungcheol, didn't prod into the issue and just took it as it is. Jihoon woke up the next day, with the iPod on his bedside table.

Of course, it was another day with the boys producing their song. So Jihoon just followed them as usual and brought his laptop, as usual, and isolated himself, as usual.

The only unusual thing in this situation was that Seungcheol's mind was running wild with imagination.

'What if he is Woozi? No wait. That's too much. Maybe he is Woozi's friend. Oh my gosh, maybe I can get a signature. What if he's plagiarising? Wait. What is he doing with his laptop? Urghhh. IM SO CONFUSED!! SOMEONE SAVE ME!'

Meanwhile, the hiphop team was just looking at Seungcheol holding his head, squirming around like a worm, like it was a common thing in the team.

"There he goes again, do you think he's too stressed?" Mingyu whispered.
"Maybe. Just ignore him. What do you think of this line?" Wonwoo showed them his notebook.

For the whole day, Seungcheol was out of it. Making mistakes he shouldn't have, zoning out and staring. Staring excessively at Jihoon. Even a 3-year old could notice his excessive attention on the small boy, not to mention the members and the boy in question. Everytime Jihoon noticed the stares, he would look away with pink tinted cheeks. However, the leader was still oblivious to his own actions, lost in his thoughts. It wasn't until dinner time when Seungcheol almost dropped his bowl of rice while staring at Jihoon that Jeonghan thought enough was enough.

Sending a silent message to the members to get them to leave the practice room, Jeonghan and Seungcheol were left alone.

"Speak." Jeonghan said simply, making himself comfortable in front of the leader while the leader finally regained his bearings and realised that they were the only two in the room.

Seungcheol tried to make an excuse about how he was feeling out of it but everyone knew he couldn't lie to save his life. After mumbling that pathetic excuse of a lie, Jeonghan just raised his eyebrows as if to say 'Right, so what is the real problem.' And Seungcheol knew he had to spit it out.

"Jihoon's iPod has our song. Our new unreleased song. With vocals. Many versions of it. I don't know what to make out of it." Seungcheol was really troubled.

Jeonghan blinked, surprised at the confession. However,  being the mom of the group meant being able to cope with every situation.

"Do you trust Jihoon?" He asked. Though Seungcheol took a while to respond, he slowly but surely nodded his head. "Then go and talk to him. I'm sure he has a reason to have those song tracks. Listen to his explanations then come back, otherwise you're gonna look like a zombie for the week. Now go on, don't keep your little cutie waiting." Jeonghan smirked and nudged Seungcheol towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jihoon was at the nearby cafe, enjoying his cup of Americano with Hoshi and Seungkwan. Deep into discussion about their new track, Jihoon didn't notice Seungcheol sliding beside him until he noticed Hoshi not subtly trying to hint to him. He immediately shut his mouth but before he could do anything else, Seungkwan dragged Hoshi and ran off, leaving the two alone.

Jihoon facepalmed. Trust the two to leave them alone. Jihoon glanced at Seungcheol and flushed, remembering the intense stares the older had given him.

"Jihoon-ah, can I ask you a question?" Seungcheol broke the silence. Jihoon nodded. "Can you tell me what the tracks on your iPod are?" Jihoon froze. "From track 113 onwards, there were many versions of Woozi's song. Even Bumzu only has one other vocal version and he said he didn't send it to you. How did you get so many of them?"

Seungcheol thought he saw Jihoon's face become vulnerable before hardening with a scowl. "You looked through my iPod?" Jihoon said exasperated, his defensive nature creeped in, turning into THE Woozi that Hoshi once saw.

"I didn't mean to. I accidentally heard your playlist yesterday." Seungcheol tried to defend himself. Jihoon didn't bother listening as he got up from his seat. "No, wait, listen to me- " Seungcheol grabbed Jihoon's wrist. Jihoon glanced at the hand on his wrist and shook it off, walking out of the cafe.

Seungcheol let out a heavy sigh. He just wanted to understand why Jihoon had those tracks in his iPod, how did the situation turn so complicated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's 2am in the morning and I have school tomorrow at 7am. Why am i still awake. Sigh. Hope you guys like the new update, i had a huge writers block on this one. Bless me.