Chapter 1

40%... 57%...

Almost. Almost done.

82%...90%...93%...

100%. UPLOAD SUCCESSFUL!

Jihoon had finally completed his composition after two weeks. It had been difficult trying to balance composing, studying for his midterms and his job, but he was proud for being able to manage that. Now, all that he had to do was rest up and he would feel perfect for the next day. He checked the time. 5:27am. Only an hour and a half till his job at the nearby café. He set his alarm and fell into a dreamless slumber.

The next time when he awoke, he could faintly hear his ringtone ringing. Apparently, just setting a single alarm wasn't able to wake him up after staying up the whole night. Jihoon struggled trying to find his phone. He picked up the call and as expected, within the next 10 seconds, he had been fired.

Sigh, now he had to find another job that could accommodate his time. His previous job required him to sneak out of school an hour earlier just to be punctual. Maybe he would ask Seungkwan, after all, the better jobs mostly came from him.

The next day, Jihoon met Seungkwan at the school gates. After a simple explanation, Seungkwan told Jihoon that he would get back to him and they parted ways.

It hadn't even been a few hours after they parted and Jihoon found himself packing up his luggage. Jihoon had received a call from Seungkwan asking him to pack up everything he had and to meet him by the taxi stand just 10 minutes away. It had been easy enough since Jihoon was an orphan and didn't have much things except for his now growing music items. He had been working to pay off his bills and if his new job included accomodations and meals, it would definitely help him out a whole lot.

Just 3 minutes into the ride and Jihoon was asking questions. Where was he going? What was he going to be working as? When did he start work? The answers that he had gotten were not at all pleasing.

"A babysitter?" Jihoon asked.

"Not a babysitter, a manager." Seungkwan stated.

"Same difference. Who am I taking care of? "

"Seventeen." Seungkwan said simply.

"The boy band you're in?"

"An idol group."

"Ugghhh!!! Seriously?! I don't have time for them. They are manufactured by entertainment companies for the sake of pleasing the crowd and making themselves feel famous." "Sorry, not talking bad about you or anything." "Don't you have any other jobs to recommend?"

"Don't say anything bad first, you don't know what you're getting into and no, this is the best job offer I could get."

Jihoon shut up after that, having nothing to say and not wanting to end up with a worse deal.

When they reached the dorms Seventeen were staying in, Seungkwan helped to bring Jihoon's luggage up to his room. It looked like a storage room with some cleaning supplies in the corner of the room and some folded clothes on the table.

"Sorry, this is the best that I could do. You'll need to share the room with some of our things, we don't exactly have a lot of space around here."

"No worries. As long as you knock before coming in to get your things." Jihoon could already find himself settling in the room.

"I'll let you settle down first. Meet me in the café an hour later. I'll meet you with our leader to discuss your job requirements."

With that, Seungkwan left the room and Jihoon busied himself with unpacking.