Chapter 3

The next day, Jihoon was once again dragged to another schedule. Though he knew it was his job, he still felt that it was pointless since the members could take care of themselves well enough.

Joshua, The8, Seungkwan and Vernon were recording their new song, Drift Away. Of course, once Jihoon stepped in the studio, he was immediately attracted to the professional equipment used considering he himself could not afford such high quality items.

"Joshua, be a little more softer at the end and bring down the tone a little." Kye Bumzu, their vocal trainer said. Jihoon couldn't help agree with the trainer.

As the recording continued, Jihoon continued to monitor the performance of the four. Seungkwan, he noted, was the best singer. He had a soulful voice and Jihoon wondered how he never noticed that.

The recording ended when their trainer had to leave for other schedules an hour later. However, to Jihoon, it felt like only a few minutes. He looked at their schedule, 2 more hours before their fansign.

"Do you want to return to the dorm or have lunch first? "

"We'll return to the dorm, Hoshi wants us back to perfect the choreography."

"Sure..." Jihoon started but thought about it. How rare it was to be able to have access to the recording studio. Should he really leave now?

"I think i'll stay behind to grab some food, you guys leave first." Jihoon dug through his bag, pretending to be busy.

"Then we'll leave first. Bye!!"

One by one, they left the studio and Jihoon heaved a sigh of relief. He settled down and fiddled with the different equipment, intending to try them out.

Unbeknownst to Jihoon, Seungkwan had returned to inform him about some details for the fanmeet. 'How does he know how to operate it?' Seungkwan thought as he peeked through the small space from the door. He slowly retreated, not wanting the other to notice him. He would inform him about the fanmeet later.

~~~~~~~~~
Time skip: 2hrs

"Kyaaa!!! OPPA!!!"

Screams could be heard everywhere as Seventeen's bus slowed to a stop. Jihoon alighted first as a manger to protect the boys. However, with his pink hair that stood out, he found himself being the point of attention. The fans murmured amongst themselves, 'Was he a new member?' 'A brother?' 'A trainee?' The attention was shifted to the members when they started alighting.

"KYAAA!!" "JOSHUA!!" "OPPA LOOK AT MEEE!!"

They moved forward towards the stage but as much as Jihoon tried to protect them from the fans, he was totally overwhelmed.

"Jihoon! Come here!" Seungcheol shouted through the cheers. He caught Jihoon's hands and pulled him toward himself.

"Oof!" Jihoon exclaimed as he stumbled into Seungcheol's chest. He looked up, sending a grateful smile to the leader.

This action did not escape the fans' trained eyes and they began to direct their energy towards the pink haired.

After the security safely escorted the team on stage, they began their fanmeet.

"Say the name! SEVENTEEN! Hello, we are seventeen!" They introduced themselves and performed their hit debut track, "Adore You". It was the same one they had been practicing the day before and Jihoon could see how much the fans liked it.

As soon as the performance started, it ended and it was time for the members to answer questions from the fans. Seungkwan took the stage as the aspiring MC and spoke, "Everyone, were you satisfied with our performance?" He was rewarded with a loud cheers and 'YES'es from the audience. "We'll work hard to bring such a wonderful performance to all of you again. Definitely look forward to it." With that, the fans burst into laughter, trust Seungkwan to self-praise.

"Now, let us move into the next segment. I'm sure many of you have questions for the seventeen members so over here, we have compiled a set of questions that we've gathered from our online page."

"Now before we start our Q&A session, I'm sure many of you are wondering who this pink haired guys is." Taking the cue, Jihoon made his way up the stage and took the microphone.

"Ummm... I'm Jihoon, Seventeen's manager, nice to meet you.' He bowed and stood there awkwardly, wiping his hands on his jeans.

There was a moment of silence before the crowded started going wild. "So cute!!!" "Jihoonie" "Kawaii!!"

Jihoon turned red and the members smiled at his cute behaviour. "I'm not cute," Jihoon murmured as he crossed his arms in front of his face in an attempt to cover his red cheeks. Seungcheol just chuckled and ruffled Jihoon's hair. "KYAAA!!" The fans began to go wild again.

Seungkwan immediately read the mood and announced, "Settle down, we still have many questions to be answered. Don't you want to know more about us?" This effectively calmed them down.

"On to the next question. Can you cover Woozi's composition for your next fanmeet?

As soon as he heard the name, Jihoon tensed up. He wasn't expecting to hear any discussion about it.

"Woozi?" Dokyeom repeated.

"Who?" Dino asked.

Seungkwan continued reading from his script. "Woozi is a genius musician who is also a Youtuber. He posts his compositions, remixes and dance covers online where others can enjoy." "So Hosh? You think we can cover his composition and perform it at next fanmeet? "

Everyone looked expectantly at Hoshi and he shouted, "Of course!! Look forward to it!!"

And with that, Jihoon knew that it was going to be hell.