Chapter 6

Jihoon was with the vocal team this time. They were finalising the song and making adjustments to make it flow better. Dino, Vernon, Seungkwan and Jihoon were invited to help judge the song from an outsiders' point of view.

As Joshua replayed the tune, the other 3 listened closely. There was barely any rough edges but Jihoon was experienced enough to point out two that could be made better. It was just in his nature to fix these errors since he had been producing music for a long time.

While Dino and Vernon didn't think anything of it, Joshua and Seungkwan were impressed with his ability to spot such minute details. Seungkwan never knew his friend payed so much attention to such things.

Once the final draft was out, the group joined the rest at the practice room. They were already behind schedule since they only learnt the dance partially.

While the members were on break, Hoshi and Jun demonstrated the dance and taught them step by step as fast as they could. It would be enough if they could join in and know their positions for now. The details could wait.

~~~~~~~~

After ensuring that the members had their meal and returned home safety, Jihoon returned to the dance studio to deliver the food to the group. And when he meant food, he really meant a LOT of food. Because who eats this much?!!

When he returned, Dino, who had already gotten a hang of the dance was helping the other members to perfect the dance.

Jihoon set the food down and continued watching them. Considering how much he liked dancing, Jihoon was surprised he didn't jump at the moment to practice with the group. Instead, he took out his laptop and continued to write his lyrics. Since he was almost 90% done, he was excited to finish the song.

When the group finally decided to head back to the dorms, Jihoon had already finished his work.

"How is it?" Seungkwan asked.

"How is what?" Jihoon answered.

"Being a manager of course."

"Oh... well, it is better than the other jobs I had before."

"I told you so~" Seungkwan said in a sing song tune, jumping around. He liked being right, and considering that he helped Jihoon, he was pretty much excited.

Jihoon just smiled, liking the energy from Seungkwan, he rarely saw him like that since he only relied on Seungkwan to find jobs in the past. Now that they actually spend time together, he could see that Seungkwan was actually quite fun to be with.

Once they reached the dorms, Jihoon gave a quick summary of tomorrow's events Seventeen would be attending and then they were dismissed.

Jihoon quickly washed up and went to bed. He tossed and turned, trying to fall asleep, but he was still very much awake. In fact, he was feeling restless. Watching the group practice their dance had inspired Jihoon and he had already created some moves in his head.

He stood up, grabbing his laptop and coat and slipping on his shoes, he quietly sneaked out of the dorms, glancing around to make sure no one was following him. Running to the practice rooms, Jihoon warmed himself up. He was glad that at this moment, he was the manager of the team, being able to have access to such locations.

Unbeknownst to him, Hoshi, who was awake, had followed him. Hoshi had been worried and stressed out about the choreography, wondering if the fans would like it. Hearing the door open, he peeked out of his room and saw Jihoon leaving. Not wanting to think about anymore negative thoughts, he had followed along.

Jihoon plugged in his laptop and played the instrumental, noting that he hadn't recorded his vocals. After getting a feel to it, he started to move along. Slowly but surely, Jihoon added more moves to the dance. Hoshi looked on, wondering how in the world Jihoon knew how to dance that well. It was like the music spoke to him and instructed him on how to dance. He also found some of the moves similar to what Hoshi had created. Had he payed attention to their dance practice?

Hoshi didn't think to much afterwards, just sat down and enjoyed the music. It was beautiful, the way the music flowed. It soothed his heart.
When he heard Jihoon packing up 4hours later, Hoshi hurriedly got up and rushed back to the dorm, not wanting to be known as a stalker.

3 days before the fanmeet, the members were all busy recording their part for Woozi's song. It had came out great and Jihoon had taken the opportunity to record his own song at the studio when the members were practicing their dance.

The subsequent days, the members were all very busy, attending music shows and practicing, perfecting everything.

When the fanmeet finally started, everyone was excited. Seventeen couldn't wait to show the fans a preview of their concert and the fans couldn't wait to meet them.

They started off with Adore U, then followed by their mashup, with was the most anticipated. Cheers filled the place as they performed and Jihoon couldn't phantom how great the members felt, receiving such support.

When the fanmeet ended, the members were still full of adrenaline. They had heard the fans anticipation for the concert and their praise for the great show. Hoshi and Joshua had been grinning the whole time, proud that their work had been able to touch many people.

'So this is what they do...' Jihoon thought, understanding Seventeen a bit more and why they wanted to be idols.