Chapter 11

Woozi was at work. Scribbling in his notebook and playing chords on his keyboard, adjusting the melody till it felt right.

He listened to the songs Seventeen had sent prior to him composing. Both Rock and Fronting had a little bad boy feel to it and though they were good songs, Woozi agreed with Seungcheol that they really needed something to make them stand out. A song similar to Adore U, yet different.

As he continued composing, he unconsciously thought about his meeting with Seventeen. He was glad that Seungkwan had introduced him to the group. Glad that Hoshi and Seungkwan had found out about his secret yet promised to keep it. Glad that he had meet Seungcheol. Glad for the moments that they shared. Just thinking about all these moments made him smile. By the time he finished reminiscing, the chorus was already finished. He replayed the part a few times, scanning the melody for any faults. He started on the bridge, already thinking of all the possibilities when he heard a loud bang. Jihoon jumped out of his skin. He looked around and his hands started fumbling with his equipment, not knowing what to do with it until he heard Seungkwan's voice. "SEUNGCHEOL HYUNG!" Jihoon's mind cleared and he quickly kept his items, his priority: not let any more people find out about his identity. He jumped into bed and pretended to wake up as the duo walked in.

"Ya! You woke Jihoon up!" the leader hit Seungkwan's head as the latter sheepishly grinned. Seungkwan on the other hand, was glad that he was on time.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully but he had decided to 'recover' and follow the group to their rehearsal at the Yongsan Art Hall. He didn't want to be irresponsible after taking up the job and he wanted to encourage the members since it would be an exhausting day for the members.

Since he was already done with the main parts of the song, he doubted that a little breather would hurt. He would just bring his laptop along in case he had anymore new ideas.

The rehearsal day was as expected, busy and Jihoon had stuck with Seungkwan and Hoshi to get some ideas from them. He could feel the leader glance at him every now and then but whenever he turned back, the leader would pretend that he was busy with the performances. Jihoon shrugged, maybe the leader was just worried about his health.

~~~~~~~~~

Seungcheol was a little jealous? Jihoon had been hanging out with Seungkwan and Hoshi for the whole rehearsal and he was feeling a little lonely. Other than that, Jihoon had been oddly focused with whatever he was doing on his laptop so Seungcheol couldn't find the time to approach the manager.

On the way back to the dorm though, Seungcheol managed to ride shotgun beside Jihoon and while the other members jammed to Gfriend's Me Gustas Tu, the two sat in comfortable silence, occasionally talking about the upcoming concert. Seungcheol's heart swelled, it felt so right, having Jihoon next to him and his kids in the back seat. Was this how having a best friend felt like?

~~~~~~~~

Jihoon added the final touches before sending it to Bumzu, who would give his opinions according to how he visualized the group's image. He had to send it early since he wouldn't have time later on.

"Boys, Chinese or American?" Jihoon shouted as he exited his room.

With majority voting Chinese, the boy went around asking for orders, only pausing for a while to admire the subtle abs on Seungcheol as he got out of the bath to get his shirt.

Seventeen arrived at Yongsan Art Hall early morning to have their rehearsals before the actual concert and as the car drove in, the group had fun waving to the fans and giving them hearts, thanking them for arriving so early to support them.

The rehearsal was... sweaty but productive as Seventeen listened patiently to everything the stage director said and corrected themselves up till the rehearsal was over.

"Gather!" a voice rang through the backstage. Seungcheol could see that members were starting to feel the excitement and nervousness creeping up on them as the time drew near, even himself.

"We've been practicing for this day. And everyone knows how hard we've worked. Don't be nervous and show them what we've got. Let's make this the best night of their lives!" 

The members put out their right hands and formed a circle. "Jihoon, come join us!" The leader motioned the manager over and let him squeeze his way into the circle.

"Seventeen Fighting!"

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! I'm so sorry about the late update. I had a writer's block and had to revise for my upcoming exams so I couldn't find the time to update. I might also not update very constantly in the future so I hope that you'll understand.