Chapter 9

Following that realisation, Seungcheol gathered the members, including Jihoon.

"I've found our new composer." Seungcheol said with a grin, obviously proud of himself.

He gazed around, waiting for someone to ask that question. It was Seungkwan who spoke up. "Who?"

Seungcheol clapped "Woozi!"

There was a minute of chattering before Hoshi spoke up,"Aren't we already using his songs in many of our performances, shouldn't we find someone else who has a different style of music?" trying to dissuade him from choosing Woozi. He could see that Jihoon was already getting nervous from the information.

"He has the tone that i want and he is versatile in his composition of music. He can probably create a title song that is perfect for our concept."

"But shouldn't we look longer? We can probably find someone better." Hoshi argued on.

Seungcheol was feeling confused. He had thought that everyone would agree with his opinion, especially Hoshi since he had been impressed with Woozi's dancing skills a while back.

"Anyone else disagrees?" Both Seungkwan and Jihoon raised his hands.

Seungcheol raised his brows. Wow. That was unexpected.

"Then I will need you to find another composer who is more suitable. we only have 2 weeks left so i need the names by tomorrow night."

The trio nodded and they were dismissed.

~~~~~~~

"What do we do now?" Seungkwan asked.

Jihoon was pacing around the room, mind occupied.

"Are you really against Seventeen using your song? You could compose it behind the scenes." Hoshi suggested. He was actually glad that Seungcheol had mentioned Woozi but he knew he had to play his part as a friend.

"You know i'm not against composing for you. But my identity could be exposed anytime." Jihoon sighed.

"Let's just look for someone else first. But will you promise me that you'll consider it? We have until tomorrow night after all." Hoshi asked.

Jihoon promised and they started their search once again.

~~~~~~~~

5 hours later

Seventeen was practicing for their concert, specifically the dance team and Jihoon was still on the net trying to find someone to replace himself.

He felt a ruffle on his head and looked up. Seungcheol sat down next to him. "You still finding? I doubt you can find someone more suitable than Woozi." He could be described as overconfident but somehow, Jihoon saw that as his trust in Woozi.

"Why Woozi?'

"Didn't i say-"

"Not what you said earlier on. That must be a deeper reason behind why you chose him."

Seungcheol scratched his head and couldn't respond.

"What do you want me to say? I just really like his style of music and I feel that he will definitely create a wonderful piece of music."

Jihoon was shocked. He didn't expect an answer that was so personal. He thought that it was only because Seungcheol couldn't find anyone else and Woozi was his last resort. It seemed he thought wrong.

"What about you? Why did you disagree?"

Jihoon opened his mouth and closed it again. "I...i..." Jihoon was saved by the ringing of his phone indicating it was time for their next schedule. "Let's hurry, we have to meet the coordi noona for the concert fittings. It was horrible the last time we were late."

With that, Jihoon managed to escape answering the question.

~~~~~~~

Seungcheol had gathered the members once again to confirm their composer. Whether they choose Woozi or someone else was completely up to who the trio chose.

"So what's your decision?"

"We...we will agree with who you choose." Hoshi said, looking at Jihoon as he received a nod.

Seunghcheol broke into a smile, "Then what are we waiting for? Let's contact him now!"

He brought out the laptop and started typing a message to Woozi.

Hi Woozi,
We, Seventeen are interested in receiving your help to compose our new title track. If possible, please give us your reply soon. We look forward to working with you.
-Seventeen

"And send." Seungcheol recited as he hit the send button, private messaging Woozi.

"Now we wait.