00| Reversion

Ever since Hyrule Kingdom was first founded, four races inhabited it: the Goron clan in the Eldin Province and the surrounding mountainous areas, the Rito tribe in the eastern Eldin and Necluda provinces, and the Hylians who both founded and gover...

Ever since Hyrule Kingdom was first founded, four races inhabited it: the Goron clan in the Eldin Province and the surrounding mountainous areas, the Rito tribe in the eastern Eldin and Necluda provinces, and the Hylians who both founded and governed the kingdom. There were also the Sheikah, an offshoot of Hylians who inhabited the Necluda forests southern of the Quince Cliffs. Then there were the Kokiri, forest-dwelling beings who hid in the depths of the Great Hyrule Forest.

But Hyrule wasn't the only kingdom to populate the continent. To the east and far north, outside of what are now the Lanaryu and Eldin Provinces, was the territory of Zora's Domain. In the south was the Deku Kingdom, and to the far west lay the sprawling Gerudo Desert which was home to the Gerudo.

Hyrule Kingdom became intertwined with Zora's Domain and the Deku Kingdom, constantly trading and loaning defenses. The desert-dwelling Gerudo Kingdom was also involved, but due to many clashes with Hyrule Kingdom they were mostly dismissed and left to their own devices. That was until Queen Naboora Teake of the Gerudo was courted by and eventually betrothed to King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule VII. This action united the two kingdoms, finally bringing together the Hylians and the Gerudo people.

"Except it didn't..." Daemos muttered to himself, closing the book he was reading from.

A little voice mewed from beside him questioningly. Daemos looked down at the once-dozing black and red-striped cat on his lap. She stared up at him with wide yellow eyes.

"It's nothing," Daemos said. The cat got up, taking her sweet time stretching before leaping off his lap. Daemos stood and returned the book to its shelf, casting a hesitant glance at the door. He was expecting someone, and they hadn't shown up yet.

Daemos gazed about the room, at the dozens of shelves crammed with books. There must have been over a thousand tomes in here. Daemos loved the Royal Archives, but it was always so empty. The Hylian scribes and researchers rarely dared to enter when he was in, which was quite often, and it saddened him. He could never tell whether it was out of respect or intimidation, but he always had a sinking feeling it was the latter.

Turning his back to the door, Daemos made his way to the doors that led to the balcony, the cat sticking close to him. On his way he passed a wall covered in elegant paintings. He could count ten, but he knew there were at least thrice that amount hung up about the castle.

The paintings depicted a sampling of Hyrule's past rulers, kings and queens alike, and all but five were Hylian. This quintet consisted of Queen Naboora, Queen Iurre, King Raif, Queen Aveil, and himself, King Daemos. They stood out like a sore thumb with their dark skin, brilliant red hair, angular faces, and amber eyes contrasting with the blonde, blue-eyed, pale complexions of their Hylian predecessors. Well, not all of them looked that way.