Chapter 6: Red shoes in the woods Part 3

Anna’s P.O.V.

We all rushed inside, I clutched onto Lauren because I was scared while Brenann looked at us with confusion.

“What is going on?” He asked concerned.

“That was one of Geoffrey’s men, and he never lets them go alone, they work in groups of three so if one of them was here… there are at least two others nearby.” I explained, my voice breaking several times as I spoke.

“But I didn’t sense anyone else, there is no one else right?” The last part was directed towards Lauren but when she opened her mouth to speak Harrison walked in.

“There are more, not just two but many more, they were just outside the grounds and a few were on it. They know who we are.” He said and looked at me. “Doll, what do we do now?” He asked me giving me a new nickname.

“How should I know?” I asked him, a tingly feeling in my stomach told me he was right to ask me. Right now, I was the double spy and I knew the enemy well.

“You know him best, how do we silence him?” Harrison asked, Brenann and Lauren both looked at me, Lauren determinded, showing me she would support me and Brenann with reluctance, he didn’t seem to want to hear my answer.

“I have to go.” I told them.

“What do we do?” Lauren asked.

“Nothing, I’ll solve this.” I told them. I had gotten them into this mess, I was not sure why but I felt a need to protect the people here, especially Lauren. I turned towards her. “I’m going to solve this. Thank you for being my friend.” I said turned and glanced at Brenann, I wanted to say something but didn’t know what to say at a time like this. I didn’t know him very well and I had just seen him attack and kill a man. I turned towards the door, smiled weakly at Harrison and then started running as fast as I could. Out of the house and of off the grounds.

Back to London.

Brenann’s P.O.V.

She ran out of the house without even saying a word to me… It hurt to watch her go, I started to follow her but Harrison stopped me. the look in his eyes showed there was something wrong. What had she said? I hadn’t heard anything, my mind was somewhere else.

I had only thought about what would happen to the pack if Geoffrey decided to open attack.

“What… did she say?” I asked Lauren, I swallowed as I spoke.

“She thanked me for being her friend.” She said, her eyes filled with tears. “She was saying goodbye.” She confirmed my fear. I felt myself tremble again, tremble with sorrow. This had been my fault. If only I hadn’t lost control, none of this would have happened.

I pulled myself away from Harrison and ran after her. My long legs made me much faster than Anna and I caught up to her before she reached the bus station. I grabbed a hold of her, picking her up and hugging her close to my body. Her petite body against my broad chest. The way it should be.

“Brenann?” She asked with confusion. Her eyes were sorrowful and filled with pity.

“It’s all my fault, I shouldn’t have done anything, now you’ll disappear and hate me and be scared of me forever!” I said. I didn’t put her down but hid in tick thorn less bush, scanning my surroundings to make sure no one was watching. I looked into her eyes to see her reaction.

I sat on my knees and I put her down in the same way in front of me.

She surprised me by putting her tiny hand on my face and looking straight into my eyes.