Chapter 5: Red shoes in the woods Part 2

Anna’s P.O.V.

He leaned in to kiss me, and I was going to let him, I felt his breath caress my lips and chin. As his warm and hungry mouth hovered over mine I wanted to meet him, I wanted his mouth on mine. My lips lightly touched his before he pulled away with a sudden angry gesture.

His whole physique had changed within the blink of an eye. His face was no longer hungry for me, all that was present on his face was fury, burning like cool fire, the way you’d expect a serial killer to look just before the kill.

“Brenann!” I heard a yell from the hallway and just as my eyes found the door it burst open and Lauren and Harrison came running in with super speed. They both seemed on edge, scared but there was also anger present on their faces.

I was probably a terrible person for thinking this but all I could think was: ‘thank god he’s not mad at me.’ for they seemed angry at something present, behind me.

As I realized it I spun around as fast as I could to see what they saw. In the far distance stood a man. I could not see who he was but to get everyone here that mad he must have been an awful person.

Before I knew it, the door to the garden, in the far corner of the kitchen flew open en Brenann was in the garden.

Harrison and Lauren followed him, forgetting my presence and leaving me in the kitchen. I stared at them as they ran towards the man and I wondered if my mind was fast forwarding. I felt drawn to the sight of these three running people.

They ran like gazelles, they ran like the wind… I slowly walked towards the door, never taking my eyes of the man I had nearly cheated on my husband with, my first female friend and my soon to be teddybear. I stepped out of the house, onto the lawn, or more meadow considering its size.

I observed them, they had nearly reached the strange man when they all jumped into the air and, before I knew it, all three of them exploded. I screamed from the sight and sound. My scream was followed by others, but they were not my own.

I gazed at the spot where they had just been only to find them gone and to see that the man was being surrounded by wolves who were biting his arms and legs.

The bloodcurdling screams I heard came from the man, the man was being killed by the wolves. I fell backwards, with my buttocks on the ground and my hands behind my back as I crawled back. I crawled until my back was against the wall. I put my hands over my ear but could not block out the screams.

Suddenly the screams stopped and I realized that the man had died. He had died screaming. I looked up in fear and saw the wolves were running towards me. a grey wolf, a brown one and a black one, the grey one was by far the largest. The brown one seemed to be the only female, things I was surprised to notice. But I recalled that the last thing you do before you die is take in the one who killed you.

The wolves were fast, withing seconds they had reached me, blood dripping from their beaks and their bodies smeared with it.

I let out a blood curdling scream, similar to the one I had heard just moments ago.

I kept screaming as the wolves neared me, I covered my eyes and kicked towards them hoping they would go away.

“Anna?” I heard Brenann’s voice say. I opened my eyes, hoping Brenann could save me from the wolves. What I saw when I opened my eyes was more surprising than I could have ever imagined.

Three naked people, Harrison, Lauren and last but not least, Brenann. When I had gotten past the nakedness, at least over the nakedness of the first two mentioned before, I noticed they were covered in blood. And it was not their own.