White Lion (Part 2)

I stirred my tea slowly, waiting silently for Weiss to start speaking. "We're finally somewhere private, y'know...You can talk now."

Weiss raised an eyebrow, placing her coffee down gently. "Oh, really? I wasn't aware that sitting at a two-person table on the café's patio was 'private' to you."

I growled quietly, glaring at Weiss. "Well, this is as private as it's gonna get, Weiss. So I suggest you start talking now."

Weiss sighed, tracing the rim of her coffee cup with her finger. "(Y/n)...The real reason that I've been acting this way towards you is because...I'm jealous..."

Weiss blushed and turned away from me, avoiding eye contact. "Jealous? Jealous of what?" I cocked my head, scrunching my face up in confusion.

"I'm jealous because...you n..." Weiss mumbled the end of her sentence, her blush growing more severe by the second. "Say that again, please?" I uttered monotonously, becoming annoyed with Weiss' stalling.

"I-I'm jealous because you never pay attention to me! You don't know what it's like to value someone and be ignored by them! You don't know what it's like to feel so isolated that you can't do anything other then act bitter and angry!" Weiss yelled, standing up and slamming her hands on the table. "I...I just want attention...Your attention...Even though I don't deserve it..." Weiss sighed, sinking back into her chair.

I sat in awe of Weiss' outburst for a few seconds, only to be brought back into reality by a fly buzzing by my ear, making it twitch wildly. "Weiss...I...I'm sorry," I leaned forward, grabbing Weiss' hand gently. Weiss jumped slightly, but eventually relaxed and returned the grip. "I guess I didn't know you cared about my opinion that much, with me being a Faunus and all."

Weiss feverishly shook her head, leaning forward as well. "No! Your opinion has always mattered to me, (Y/n). Y-you could even say I value your opinion the most..." Weiss trailed off, her cheeks growing dark red once again.

I smirked, raising an eyebrow, "The most, Huh? Well, Weiss, I think you look amazing today~" I rested my face on my fist, watching as Weiss started to freak out again.

"I like flustered Weiss, it's a nice change from cold, unloving Weiss..." I laughed quietly, making Weiss' expression grow cold again. "Hmph! I'm not always cold and unloving. But only special people get to see the other Weiss."

I nodded, looking up at the darkening sky. "I guess I'm a special one, then."

Bzzzz

Weiss jumped, quickly pulling her scroll out of her pocket, reading the screen and raising a skeptical eyebrow. "Blake's calling?" I leaned forward, looking at the screen curiously. "Don't just stare at it, Weiss! Answer it!"

"Everyone!" Blake panted, "If you can hear me, we need back-" "Heeelp!" Sun wailed, cutting Blake off.

"Fuck!" I cursed, standing up and throwing a few Lien on the table, running over to the patio's railing. "I can see them! They're just north of the dust shop!" I quickly jumped over the railing, with Weiss following close behind.

A/n- Published this earlier because it's a really short chapter, and I know I would be mad if the author of a story I liked published a short, shitty chapter and I had to wait a full week for a better chapter. 😅 But I will still be publishing on Saturday as well, don't worry. 😉