From Shadows (Volume Finale)

A/n: In short celebration of the finale of RWBY Volume 5 (It was AMAZING) And because the last chapter was only around 300 words long, I've decided to just publish these two chapters for you as a package deal. Enjoy 😉

I laughed, giving Sun a high-five "Haha! Nice job Sun! That's all of them!" I gestured to the group of White Fang members at my feet. Sun looked around "Now let's find Blake."

After a while of running around the various shipping containers, I was totally out of breath. I crouched down, taking a breather while Sun patted my shoulder "Damn...where the fu-" I gasped, startled by a large explosion nearby. Sun pointed up. "More airships incoming! Oh? Blake!" Sun ran around a corner, with me following behind.

When we rounded the corner we found ourselves standing at the entrance to a large clearing on the dock. Blake groaned, laying on the ground before a tall, red-haired man. "Blake! Are you okay?!" I ran over to her and kneeled down, helping Blake back up to her feet. Sun grunted angrily, running past us to attack the man.

Blake squeezed my wrist. "Yeah, I'm fine." Blake looked past me at Sun. "Oh shi-! Look out, Sun!" There's more White Fang members in the airships!"

I let go of Blake and looked up. "Shit!" I yelled out. "Okay, I'll take them." Blake nodded and ran towards the red-haired man.

I leaned down, transforming my body halfway. Just enough so that my claws were sticking out of the tips of my fingers, and my teeth were sharpened to points. "Come at me!" I yelled, sticking up my middle fingers at the White Fang members as they ran towards me.

"Hey!" A high-pitched voice rang out from the roof of the Dock's warehouse. I looked up to be graced with the sight of a small girl dressed in a crimson red hood and a 'Combat Skirt'. "Ruby!" Ruby looked down at me and smiled widely "Ah, Red! We meet again! Though, isn't it past your bedtime?" The red-haired man mocked as he raised his cane at a distracted Ruby. "Boom" The man murmured, shooting a large ball of fire dust at Ruby, knocking said girl out of sight on impact.

"Ruby!" Another voice rang out from the roof. "Huh?" I wondered out loud, dodging a few attacks from the various White Fang members I was engaged with. Penny ran up to the edge of the roof, an angered expression on her face. "PENNY?" I stepped back, taking a slash at the last remaining member that surrounded me, knocking him unconscious just as Sun and Blake ran back to my side. Penny waved and gave me a thumbs up "Don't worry you guys! I'm combat ready!"

Penny sprung off the roof, using swords that seemed to float behind her to take down the remaining White Fang members. "Woah" I muttered to myself, watching in awe as Penny single-handedly sliced two airships in half, with both of them flying into the ocean soon after.

Hey! Where'd that guy go?!" Sun turned, looking around for the man. I looked up, watching him as he flew away in his airship, cackling like a madman "He's gone.."

~Timeskip~

"Weiss! Yang!" Ruby yelled, standing up and running towards the two. "O-oh, (Y/n)!" Yang stuttered out, seemingly surprised to see me. I looked at Sun, unsure of how to answer. "Just be casual" Sun whispered.

I turned back to Yang and Weiss, flashing them a toothy smile and a peace sign. "Sup, cuties~" Sun facepalmed, while Weiss and Yang's eyes both widened two times their natural size.

Weiss shook her head, focusing her attention on the cat Faunus beside me "Blake..." Blake looked up, her face creased with worry "Weiss...I just want you to know that I'm no longer affiliated with the White Fang-" Weiss shot up her hand, silencing Blake.  "Upupup! Do you have any idea how long we've searched for you?!" Blake shifted on her feet "Uh..." "Twelve hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this...and I've decided that I don't care!"

Blake raised her eyebrows in confusion "You don't care?" Weiss sighed "You said you're not one of them anymore, right?" Blake nodded, crossing her arms behind her back "No, I haven't been since I was younger-" "I don't care!" Weiss yelled, silencing Blake once again. "You aren't one of them anymore. And regardless of that, you're my friend." Weiss softened her expression "Just next time something this big comes up, come to your team about it. Not...someone else.." Weiss glared over Blake's shoulder at Sun, who laughed awkwardly.

I smiled, pulling the team into a group hug. "Hell yeah! We're back, bit-" Yang slapped her hand over my mouth, glowering at me and nodding towards Ruby "(Y/n)..." I laughed sheepishly, licking Yang's hand affectionately. "Sorry Yangy~ hehe"