17

You sat quietly on the couch as you wondered what caused you to throw up. Your body has been acting differently, and Len was acting strange. On top of that, your wound from a while ago hasn't healed, and it still looked fresh.

  "Something wrong?" Len came in from the kitchen and asked.

  "Tell me." You said abruptly.

  Len raised his eyebrow, "What?"

  You got up and started poking his chest roughly. It soon turned into rough pushing as Len began to step back slowly, "What's wrong with me?! Why have I been bathing in herbs?! Why am I throwing up?! What's wrong with my wound?! Why are you acting so weird when I bring up this topic?! You, Miku, and James refuse to answer me! Tell me!" You yelled.

  Len's eyes dilated to the size of peas, "(F-F/n), I don't know."

  "What's the point of keeping secrets from me? I'm your girlfriend...do you not love me?" You looked down.

Len grabbed your cheek and his gaze softened, "Of course I do. I just..."

You looked up at him, "You just what? You told me a while back you'd tell me what you and James were arguing about that one night. Is it connected to what's happening to me?" You slowly removed his hand.

Len gulped, "I can't answer that."

You gave a frustrated sigh, "I can't anymore."

"What?"

"Len, I just can't anymore. I thought you were different. I've always felt like people have been hiding things from me, and I just can't deal with it."

Len grabbed your hand as you began to walk away, "I said I'd tell you that when I was ready."

You turned around and locked your eyes with him. Your desperate eyes met his, "Then when is that?"

He looked down and sighed, "I don't know, (F/n). That's my answer. I don't know."

You snatched your hand from his grasp, "I'm going upstairs. Just leave me alone, alright?"

Due to his mixed emotions, you caught his eyes turn to the natural crimson red you were used to seeing when you were both alone at times. His canines probably grew longer due to him being in his natural state.

He turned away, "Whatever." He simply walked outside without another word.

Len's P.O.V

What the hell do I tell her? What do I even do? She's catching on quick, and I have no explanation. If I tell her and she freaks out, I'm sure as hell going to get caught and probably killed if she reports what I've told her.

"I'm so dead." I said quietly.

I walked over to an alleyway, and I called James. Even though I hate admitting it, there are times that I really need his help. It's probably since he's been a vampire longer than I have, or it's just that I'm really stupid.

  "Hello?" I heard from the other line.

  "I'm outside." I looked around so no one could see me. "Get your ass out here, or we're both dead."

  "Yeah, I'm on my way. I need to tell my boss really quick hold up." He responded.

  I ended the call, and I put my phone back in my pocket. I waited about five minutes before the door made out of metal opened to reveal James who was wiping down his hands with a small towel.

  "Sorry, I needed to get one more order out before I was able to come talk." He said.

  "Did you get water on you?" I asked.