35

Why was your sibling in a hunter uniform? Why did they kill their partner? Why didn't they say anything? Why didn't they point their gun at you?

  There was just complete silence as the two of you just stared at one another with wide eyes. Your red eyes contrasting their normal ones. The both of you were shocked. You, because you never knew they were a hunter. Them, because they just found out you're a vampire.

  Your sibling raises their gun upwards and shoots three bullets to the sky. There's more whistling heard around you, and you quickly grab the gun that belonged to their lifeless partner and ran. You successfully flee from the eastern exit after two minutes, and you have no clue where you are. You don't know if Yuma or Nero are dead.

You walk aimlessly. You finally meet the outskirts of town, and you ask a kind lady to let you borrow her phone to call Neru. She doesn't answer until the second call.

  "Hello?" She answers through the other line.

  "I'm near the east exit of...well, you know. Is there any way you can pick me up?" You ask.

  "You? What do you mean you? Where's Yuma and my brother?" She asks.

  "Neru...please." Your lip quivers.

  The last thing you want to do is remember. All you want to do is go home and see your kid. Even if it didn't feel like home, you just needed to feel safe. This day was filled with too much for you to handle.

  Neru pulls up in a car about thirty minutes later. She's not driving but someone next to her with white hair and what looks like to be a purple streak is. Neru doesn't say anything. All she does is lower the window and point behind her for you to get in.

  You see (B/n) babble and giggle at you, and you hold his hand gently. He's so excited to see you that he kicks his legs in his baby seat. You don't say anything, and all you do is silently cry.

  "Thanks, Flower. I really owe you one." Neru says as she gets out the car in front of Yuma's home.

  "It's no big deal. Call me anytime you need something. It's never a bother!" Flower beams.

  You grab the (B/n) while Neru helps you take the baby seat. Her friend drives away after talking to Neru for a bit. You bring (B/n) to the kitchen. It was almost time for him to eat, and you set him on his high chair.

  You take off your hoodie, and you realize how dirty you are. Your full of dirt, including your face. You remember your harsh fall. You remember your sibling.

  Your thoughts are cut off when you hear (B/n) begin to whine a bit. You turn your head and smile, "Let me just wash my hands, okay? I'll get you your food soon enough."

  You grab a small bowl and you fill it with herb water. You put soap on your hands and scrub the grime off your skin and under your nails. You don't hear Neru walk in the house or the kitchen.

  You turn around to be met with her honey eyes. You stand back, and she looks bothered already despite not having said anything. You ignore her, and you walk to the refrigerator to look for baby food instead of blood.

  "Where are they?" She asks.

  You sit next to (B/n), mushed banana baby food in hand. You begin to feed him slowly, "I don't know."

She raises a brow, "What do you mean you don't know?"

"Look, things didn't go as planned. There was a whole group of hunters. Not three to four like I was trained for. There were eight of them." You say.