Part 4

Belle POV

I arrived at home shortly after my father and walked into the kitchen. "Hey Papa," I started, stopping to lean against the counter.

He looked up from the binders he set down. "Hey Belle. How was school?" he asked, starting to flip through the binders.

"It was okay. I was thinking we could go have dinner with Mrs Potts. She invited us over." While he was flipping through his work, I decided to get a cup of tea in the mean time.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, looking at me through his glasses. "That would be splendid! We haven't been over there in a couple years." Papa smiled his goofy grin and I laughed as I grabbed a glass of tea from the fridge.

"I know," I said simply, glancing down at the cup that I held in both hands. My thoughts drifted to territory that I didn't want to be reminded of so I hastily pushed all thoughts out of my mind. "I'm going to find something nice to wear for dinner before we leave," I told him, giving him one last shy smile before walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room.

I haven't been to Mrs. Pott's for dinner in a long time, mainly because her daughter and son-in-law died in a car accident a couple of years ago and I've been afraid to go back since. I don't want to impose or put too much on her. Mrs. Pott is probably the nicest person I know and it breaks my heart to see her go through something like that. And with the death of my own mother, Mrs Potts has sort of taken up the job.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed as I swung the droors of my dresser open. What to wear....

I don't want to dress over the top because after all it is just Mrs Potts but at the same time, I want to wear something a little nicer. I skimmed over my clothes for a moment before a pink sweater caught my eye. Perfect!

I yanked the sweater off of the hanger and pulled out a pair of white jeans and quickly slipped them on. I topped it off with a dark pink belt and matching bow. Glancing at my watch, I noticed it was almost time to be leaving. I reapplied some mascara before dashing down the stairs and into the kitchen where my father still was sitting.

That's where my father almost always is. The death of my mother has really taken a toll on him. He was prepared to move out and start somewhere else, but I constantly begged him until he changed his mind, He doesn't wander much around the house though because he says he still sees her everywhere. Everything reminds him of her.

He's not the only one. Sometimes if I'm by myself, I start to think about my mom again and picture her sitting in her rocking chair by the fire or reading her favorite novel on the rug in the living room. That's where she always liked reading for some reason.

Papa was still flipping through his binders when I entered back in the kitchen with new clothes on. "Are you ready to go Papa?" I asked, setting my cup of tea back on the counter. I will have to do the dishes when I get home.

He looked up at me through his thick glasses with a dazzled look in his eyes. "Oh that's right! I almost forgot!" he exclaimed, setting his binders aside and getting up from the table. My father isn't old, but he's not young either so when he stood up too fast, he lost his balance and toppled over.

"Papa!" I cried, dashing over to the other side of the table where he was sitting on the floor. "Are you okay?" I asked, leaning down and inspecting him.

Papa looked up at me with his big eyes and smiled a genuine smile. I could still see the hurt in his eyes. He can't tolerate as much as he used to. "Yes, I'm fine Belle. Now let's get going before we are late!"

-----------------------------------

The whole way there I told Papa about a new story I had just found in the library earlier today. Papa isn't much of a reader, but he likes to hear the summaries. Mama used to tell him about all the books she read. I guess I sort of pick that trait up from her. It's also comforting to him as well.

"Oh it's great Papa! The girl has no clue that the guy she just met is her Prince Charming! She doesn't discover that it's him until chapter 3. It's one of my favorite romance novels yet!" I told him, smiling as he drove us down the stretch of road to Mrs. Potts' house. Her house is so huge that it has to sit way far back from the road and lies deep in the thick woods. It even has a gate around it and a beautiful garden. I've always loved the garden. It's a great place to go and read.

"That's wonderful Belle! I'm so glad you like to read. It's much better than those video games!" he joked.

I laughed. "You're right. I've never been much of a fan of those," I agreed, looking out across the lawn. We had just emerged from the trees and are now in a sort of clearing where the mansion is tucked in at.

It towered high above us, almost as if it were to reach the sky. The gate was tall as well, almost obstructing the view. I already knew what the house looked like though. It was a yellow/creme color with beautiful sculptures of angels decorating the outside. The windows were huge and filled with elegant curtains on the inside. There was two lines of fountains that lead down to one main fountain and flowers covered either side of the lawn. It truly was beautiful and I found myself jealous of Mrs. Pott's. Her library was to die for too!

"Looks like we are here," Papa said more to himself than me. He unbuckled his seat belt and climbed out of the car. I followed him up the giant set of marble stairs but before we could knock, the door swung wide open and there stood Mrs. Potts wearing one of her biggest smiles yet.

"Oh Belle dear! Glad you could make it! Oh, and Maurice, it's so good to see you again! Oh don't be shy, do come in!" Mrs Potts said ecstatically, practically pulling us through the door. She lead us down the huge hallway and down another before we finally arrived in the dining room.

"Dinner is almost ready! In the meantime, make yourself comfortable," she smiled, patting her apron down before turning and heading towards the kitchen.

Papa and I made our way to the massive carved wooden table. Above it was the most gorgeous chandelier you will ever see. There was movement in the corner of my eye but before I could turn and see what it was, Mrs Potts whipped around and addressed us again.

"Oh dear! I almost forgot," she chuckled. She shifted her eyes towards the door on the far end of the room and smiled. "This is my grandson Adam."

There was a sudden noise of a door slamming and I knew without even looking which Adam it was. The one and only.

------------------------------------

sorry its so short :/ im tired and have to get up early but i havent updated in a while so there you go. next one is of ariel again :3