Part 21

Ariel POV

It was late by the time we made it back at Punzie's place. My phone vibrated constantly on the ride home, but I made no move to answer it. I knew full well who it was and when I answered it, I would be in a whole lot more trouble for sneaking out this time than the last.

A chill ran up my arms as I remembered what had happened that night. I have never been so scared in my life. A glimpse of the dark hall way, a flash of lamp midair, the sickening sound of glass shattering. If I went back now, it would only get worse, but I couldn't stay there like a caged animal. I want to be where the people are.

All of us girls were sitting with our bedding in the large living room. Punzie brought out huge bowls of popcorn and passed around pop as we relaxed after the hectic night.

And boy was it hectic!

However, we all found our perfect dresses. Punzie stood up first and held out her gown for us all to see. It was a knee-length light pink dress with accents of purple. The colors will do wonders to her glowing gold hair.

A chorus of "ooh"s and "ahh"s filled the room. We all went around like this showing off our dresses. Tiana picked out a short, light green sparkling dress with gold glitter. Cinderella had a long, flowing blue dress that sparkled when it twirled. Belle picked out a bright yellow dress with off the shoulder sleeves. Aurora, who eventually did make it, picked out a slim pink dress that fit her perfectly. Jasmine chose a loose aqua and gold sequined dress that no one but her could pull off.

It didn't take me too long to find the dress I wanted. I knew it the instant I laid my eyes on it. It was a beautiful aqua, the color of a bright sea. The style was a long mermaid dress, with sequins woven into the tail. It was the perfect fit.

"Wow, Ariel. That's beautiful!" Punzie exclaimed with a radiant smile.

"You will look so stunning!" Tiana chimed in.

Punzie clapped her hands excitedly. "I'm so glad tonight was a hit! Before we put on a girl's night movie, we have a very important topic to discuss..." she trailed off, looking at each of us quizzically.

"Nails?" Cinderella guessed. This got us all to laugh.

Punzie shook her head with a mischievous smile. "Dates."

It felt like someone punched me straight in the gut. I felt nervous just thinking about Eric.

"Alright T, we'll start with you." Punzie motioned for her to start.

T hugged her pillow to her chest. "Well, in order for me to tell you who, I must first tell you how it happened..."

It truly is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard! It all started when we first split up. T and her group split off to go to Macy's to look for dresses, but they didn't get very far before they spotted a smoothie bar and had to make a stop.

While they were waiting, Genie approached with another boy. He had darker skin and stylish dark hair. And his smile was absolutely the most charming thing ever apparently. I haven't seen him yet, but Tiana was absolutely mesmerized.

Genie introduced the other boy as Naveen. They talked for some while before Genie somehow hand cuffed them together and ran off. Horrified, Tiana tried to trace Genie down, but he disappeared with his partner in crime, Aladdin, before they could stop him. Naveen was only slowing her down too. His movements were very ungraceful. It was like "being tied to a dead log."

She pulled Naveen along, who wasn't of any assistance whatsoever, down the strip she thought she saw Genie disappear down. Naveen complained the whole time, as if being tied to her was a bad thing. She's never rolled her eyes so many times in one day.