Part 3

Unknown POV

I looked down, blending in with the bushes. I watched her walk away to her car and scowled. How dare she even think of doing such a thing.

She got in her car, but not before noticing the scowl from next door. Rolling her eyes, she got in the car and sped off. Once she was gone, I stood and walked out of the brush. Hiding was't really necessary since she hardly knew me, but it never hurts to stay on the safe side.

I will get her. She will pay and I will make sure of it.

Ariel POV

School was over and now came the part I've been dreading. Swim practice. I love swimming, but sometimes I get nervous. My dad expects so much of me. He already has my high school and college careers practically mapped out. I love swimming, but I just don't have the heart to tell him that I don't want to go professional.

I walked to my locker alone and looked down the hall. Eric was at his locker not too far from me and I blushed just looking at him. I'm just fooling myself. He's so handsome and would never go for someone like me. I sighed. Why do I have to like men with dark hair?

Speaking of dark hair, a tall dark haired man suddenly appeared by my side. I recognized him as the one from earlier this morning. "Why hello there. We haven't met so I figured I would introduce myself," he asserted, leaning against the locker next to mine. He smiled a devilish smile and I attempted to smile in return. I do like dark hair, but I don't like dark hair and arrogant. "I'm Gaston." He held out his strong hand and I reluctantly shook it.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ariel," I replied, quickly pulling my hand out of his firm grasp.

"Say," he started, looking down the hallway briefly before fixing his eyes back on me. "Who was that girl you were talking to earlier? The dark haired one?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.

He must be talking about Belle. Why would he be interested in Belle? "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry I have to go now," I quickly spat out, swiveling around and practically dashing down the hallway away from him.

I rounded the corner and paused to get my breath. That was....odd. "Ariel?"

Eric was striding down the hallway, a smile on his lips. My heart instantly sped up to 1000 mph and I felt butterflies start to awaken in my stomach. "Hi," I barely managed to get out, forcing a smile. I tucked a stray strand of my red hair nervously behind my ear.

"What are you still doing here? Schools out," he joked, stopping in the hallway to talk to me. My mood instantly shot through the roof. He was going to stay to talk to me!

I couldn't hold back the gleaming smile. "I have swim practice," I giggled, looking up to meet his blue eyes. My were they dreamy! I swooned internally.

"Oh, okay, well I will let you get going then," he laughed, looking down at his feet.

"Wait," I said, holding my hand out. It was just inches away from touching him. He turned to look at me and suddenly all my thoughts were thrown out the window. What was I doing? "I, um..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say next. "Bye," I choked out, offering a weak smile. I internally smacked my head a million times.

"Bye," he said with a smile before turning to walk down the hall again.

I groaned and smacked my head. What was I thinking? I made a total fool out of myself! Oh how handsome he was though. "I wish I was part of your world," I mumbled, gripping my bag tighter and walking away with my head down.

"Wait, Ariel," Eric called.

Oh gosh. Did he hear me?!

I turned around to see him smiling at me. "How about we do this again, but over coffee or something?" he asked.

I was glad I didn't have a drink or else I would have just spit it all over the place. "I would love that!" I agreed a little to quickly. I composed myself and looked down at my feet, tucking my hair back again. "I mean, that would be nice," I tried again.

I slowly looked back up at him, unsure of what his reaction would be. He laughed at my response and bid another goodbye before exiting the school. Once he left, I jumped up and down for joy before sprinting off to the school gym. I was late for practice.

I had to keep Eric a secret though. If my father found out that I was interacting with a boy, he would totally lose it. Dashing into the locker room, I quickly changed into my suit and met up with everyone by the side of the pool. Coach looked at me funny but didn't say anything. I let out a sigh of relief that pushed by bangs back as I plopped down by the pool, letting my feet dip in the cool water.

Coach rambled on for what seemed like hours and I didn't pay attention to one bit of it. My thoughts were on more important things. Like how to see Eric without letting my dad know. That would be interesting.

"Alright, let's warm up," Coach called, causing everyone to stand.

I stood up quickly, but got knocked sideways by someone who was a little too close. "Oh, I'm sorry," I said.

"No, I'm sorry!" It was a girl, slightly taller than me with wavy brown hair and blue eyes. "Oh, I don't believe we've met. I'm Vanessa." She extended a hand and smiled at me. She seemed nice.

"Ariel," I answered, shaking her hand. It was a lot better hand shake than Gaston's.

Swim practice went on but it actually passed by fairly quickly because Vanessa and I talked the whole time. I didn't have any friends on the team so it was nice to have someone to talk to.

"So, have you met any cute boys?" she asked with a playful smile, sitting on a bench in the locker room to dry her legs off.

I opened my locker and dug through for my clothes. "Actually I have. His name is Eric." I smiled just thinking about him.

Vanessa looked surprised. "Oh, Eric? I guess he's decent looking," she replied, not sounding to excited.

"Decent? He's only the most handsome guy in school!" I countered, taken aback at her response.

Vanessa laughed and rolled her eyes. "Oh don't be silly. We all know that Gaston is the most handsome guy in school," she insisted, eyeing me intently. It was almost like she was trying to convince me to change my mind about Eric.

"Gaston?" I asked, appalled by the mere thought of him. I threw my shirt and shorts over quickly before pulling my bag out and shutting my locker. "He may be cute but he is rude and arrogant."

Vanessa didn't look moved. She stood and wrapped the towel around her body. I guess she wasn't going to change. "He's really not though once you get to know him. Anyways, I better be going. See you later Ariel." She smirked at me before waltzing out the door. Weird.

I drove home and arrived to a busy house. Should have known all my sisters would beat me home. I walked through the door and was making my way to my room when my father appeared. "Ariel," he boomed. He didn't look too pleased and I winced.

"Yes father?" I asked, looking up at him. Luckily all my sisters were away at their rooms, leaving just my father and I to stand in the living room.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" he asked, eyeing me fiercely.

I felt my stomach drop. How could he possibly know? "I-," I started but he cut me off.

"I don't want to hear it!" he boomed, looking away as if he couldn't look at me any longer. "Go to your room and think about what you've done. You could have ruined everything you've worked for!"

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes and I let them fall as I ran to my room and buried my face in my bed. I should have known he would find out. Why can't he just let me live my own life?

--