Chapter 1: Say Yes (Picture of Brett and Kammie)

"Marry me, Kammie." Brett proposed as he kneeled down in front of me, taking my left hand into his own. "Let me make you happy...forever." The last part coming out in barely a whisper. The warmth of his chocolate brown eyes melted into mine in an intense gaze, awaiting my answer so that he could slip the 2.5 carat princess cut white gold diamond ring onto my finger.

That thing was huge, it sparkled so brightly against the dark night and dim candle lit tables that surrounded us. We just finished eating and were getting ready to leave when Brett leaned over in front of me saying I dropped something...sneaky bugger!

"Y-y-yes." I stuttered as tears flowed from my eyes freely. My knees knocking clumsily together as I tried my hardest to stay standing. A girl dreams of this day to come around for her entire life. To meet that perfect guy that has the ability to awaken every single butterfly that lies dormant in the pits of your belly.

I was fortunate enough to have met someone so wonderful as Brett, he's all a girl could ask for and so much more. We've been together now for two years after meeting each other at a Nickelback concert, both sharing the same love for our favorite band.

It's a funny story actually, the concert was being held at the State Park. My three besties Ava, Roxy, and Elsie surprised me with tickets for my twenty-second birthday. The four of us were there celebrating in style as we were pissed drunk by that point. I was swaying from side to side singing at the top of my lungs to Far Away.

All of a sudden at my utmost favorite part of the song, some strange guy who was also blasted comes over and drops to his knees in front of me singing...'On my knees, I'll ask...Last chance for one last dance...'Cause with you I'd withstand...All of it to hold your hand.'

Taking his hand in mine dramatically, we danced to the rest of that song and many more after. We've been inseparable ever since that magic moment. Let's get back to the present time though...Upon hearing my answer to Brett's proposal, the few tables around us on the outside patio of Le Bec Fin began applauding.

After Brett slid the ring onto my ring finger with a shaky hand, he stood up straight and swooped me off my feet in a twirling embrace. It surprised me, causing me to let out a small shriek of happiness, "I love you Brett Mitchell, for as long as I shall live." I shouted out loud, not afraid of anyone hearing my declaration. Letting out a huge sigh of relief, Brett murmured into my ear, "I promise you won't regret this Kammie , I love you so much!"

Dressing as quickly as I possibly could in my 'power suit' I rushed out the bedroom into the kitchen to grab my purse and keys. 'Never fails, I'm always running late!' I thought as I scurried out onto the balcony where Brett was seated comfortably reading the paper and having his morning cup of coffee.

Taking a second to admire the beautiful view, my eyes scanned the tops of the hills and came to stop at the crisp ocean water washing up onto the sand in the distance. "Running late again?" Brett teased while taking a sip of his coffee. I could see the teasing smirk on his lips as he looked up at me through his eyelashes.

"Yes, I'm late again." I huffed leaning over to give him a kiss goodbye. "Not all of us have the pleasure of working from home when we want to, Mr. Mitchell." I grumbled, rolling my eyes at him playfully. "Well, soon to be Mrs. Mitchell..." Brett began standing up to give me a proper hug and kiss goodbye. "You don't have to work at all if you choose not to. We both know I make enough to support the both of us."

Wrapping my arms around Brett's neck, I still needed to tip toe even though I had heels on. Leaning up, I allowed my lips to find his. "Thank you baby, but we both know I love my job so there's no way I'm not working." I said giving him a final peck and pulling away.