Chapter 15

Emily's POV

"Can we talk?"

I can just stare at him in anger, pain, longing and the stupid love. When did this even happen? When did I fell for him so hard that I can't even stare at him longer without memorizing him in bed with Teyana?

"Emily? Look at me, please."

I was silent for a moment before looking up at him. Nothing prepared me to see the desperate look in his eyes. Surprised, I examined him more and the more I look at him, the more I noticed how devasted he looked.

"About what happened-"

"Why did you do it?" I asked cutting him off. I changed the scenario several times in different ways and thinking back, every time I was stuck with one thing, and that was where did I go wrong.

"What did-oh...Actually, I just wanted to talk about what happened. You deserve an explanation and I should start before you-" 

He would have said more if not a voice stopped him by hugging me tightly from behind. I was surprised by the force but when I realized who it was, my lips twitched up without acknowledging anything.

"How is it possible that you're here and I hear it now!" Jer yelled out almost choking me to death. I could hear a distant laugh coming from my front door. Peeking from Jer's neck I saw it was Parker, Ethan, Riley, and Zoe.

Damn! They are all back! 

"Hey, let her breathe." Audrey laughed running over to Jer making him finally pulling away from me. But it was cut short as Parker, Ethan, Riley, and Zoe all pulled me into a tight grasp. 

"Too crowdy." I choked out laughing. They all let go immediately taking over who'll talk first. Rolling my eyes, I almost forgot why I left when Zoe started questioning.

"Hey, Em. You're a little early, don't you think? I mean I don't have anything against it, in fact, we're all glad that we'll get to spend more time together but I thought, you'll be more...upbeat and cheery." 

My eyes widened, panic gripping me. I realized I didn't have any lie ready to tell them. I can't let them know that Rick cheated on me. That will be too embarrassing and horrifying considering he's a friend with almost everyone with them. 

Audrey must've felt my panic as she changed the subject quickly. "Maybe Em's taking a rest from being hyper. She's going to need it anyway considering we're going to the bonfire tonight."

"What bonfire?" I asked confused. I mean they didn't tell me beforehand about anything. I could vaguely see Rick's staring at me.

This idiot is going to expose both our covers! 

Jer and Ethan grinned in delight. "Oh, it's going to be the bonfire. It's the best one to finish our last summer together." 

Summer's almost ending and then there's college. My mind swirled thinking back to how many plans I had to make it the best year I ever had. Freshly graduated from high school, having fun with friends, and in love with a potential boyfriend who wasn't supposed to cheat.

God, my whole dream was a big fat joke...

Realizing that my thoughts were going to a very unhappy place, I turned to look at Zoe. "So, as everyone's here, where's Blaze? Please tell me he knows that I returned." 

She looked at me in mock shock. "Oh please, Cami told everyone she knew that the famous troublemaker Emily Holland is back and they better be on their best behavior." 

I paused for a moment before a smirk formed on my face. "So, was everyone on their best behavior?" 

Parker shook his head laughing. "Blaze is supporting a hungover and a possible black eye."