Chapter 14

Rick's POV

I was content to see Em interact with my friends as if they are her own friends. Even a month ago, I wasn't so sure about a relationship. After what happened with Teyana, going through that pain of heartbreaking, betrayal...I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong to want that with Em.

But Em is different.

She is different from any other girl I've ever met. Hell, I'm proud to say that she's even better than Cami. And, that's saying something. And also the fact that I want to wring Vic's neck right now, should also be a big sign that I'm jealous as hell.

"Vic, enough of my high school tales. I think it's boring Em to tears." I gritted at Vic but did he stop? Oh no, to my raging surprise he took a seat even closer to her.

Did he have a death wish?

"I can't believe, I'm letting him say these things." I murmured clenching my fists. I don't want to accidentally break your highness's face.

Suddenly a hearty laughter filled my ears and before I can see clearly, I felt Em kiss me hard. I pulled her against me, my other hand holding the back of her neck. Instantly she wrapped her hands around my shoulder deepening the kiss. Her hands teasingly tapped my cheek before making their way to my hair.

Smiling I turned to give Vic a smug look but a shrill sound of my phone stopped me from doing so.

What now?

Groaning in distress, I picked up. "Whoever you are, better finish this call soon."

With a wink, Em turned to my friends joining their conversation and I frowned when no one said a word from another side.

"Who's this?"

"It's me." Two words and I was frozen to the spot having nothing to hold into.

But then I realized who exactly called me and my anger came back in full force.

"What the fuck do you want?" I gritted out. But to my surprise, she started to cry loudly.

What's this new game of hers?

"Rick...I know I shouldn't have called you but we never had any kind of closer and I can't move on knowing how we two ended up our relationship."

Ha, funny! I don't remember if we broke up mutually.

When I didn't say anything Teyana kept going on, "So I'm at your house waiting for you. You still in Paris right?"

What the hell! She's there!?

"Get out of the house! I don't want to meet or have any closer. I've moved on already." My eyes found Em chatting with the others, who had no idea of what's happening.

This time her voice sounded stern as if I said something wrong. "Emily, wasn't it? What a pity it would be if I send her some of the pictures we took when we were still together. Specifically, which one was it...ah the school drama one."

My chest tightened remembering which one she was talking about. She wouldn't do it. She can't!

"You wouldn't dare!"

Her laugh was malicious. "Try me, darling. We both know who's kidding himself."

So it was decided that I'll meet her and most likely kick her out of the house.

"Fine. I'm coming."

After cutting the call, I made up some excuse threatening Vic to stay away from Em. And then I was my way to meet the devil's spawn.