Chapter 12

Emily's POV

"I think she just went to la la land."

"Nah, must be the sugar rush from all the cake she's savoring." 

"Guys, I'm right here, you do know that right?" I said crawling out from my lovely mattress. In answer, I got three similar eye roll. After Rick told me that he was falling for me, the very first thing I did in the next morning was to tell Cora and skype call Cami & Audrey. 

"And what did you tell him for an answer?" Cami asked impatiently. I can tell the three of them were dying to know what I said to Rick.

"I gave him a mind blowing kiss." I teased deciding to not tell them how I said I'm falling for him too.

Cora's face dropped in disappointment. "You didn't tell him how much crazy you're for him? That's not fair!"

"Ok fine, I can't lie anymore. I gave him a mind-blowing kiss and then told him I was falling for him. If not more than him." At my answer, Cami squealed loudly, making me roll my eyes.

"So, when are you two lovebirds coming back?" Audrey asked munching on her popcorn.

"Next week."

I knew our vacation was almost to an end. I thought it wasn't possible to get attached to this place but Cora and Aunt Malia made it possible.

And if I'm being honest I'll miss Sean's constant irritating banter too.

"I'll miss you." Cora sniffed beside me, making my own lips tremble. I'm not normally emotional. Hell, before leaving Virginia Cami was the one in tears, not me.

So, when three pairs of eyes teared up at the same time, I couldn't help but hug Cora tightly.

"Em, we're getting late-ah what's happening here?" Rick's confused voice boomed through the room and we broke the hug. I noticed him standing in the doorway, watching me with a frown.

"Rick is here, so we'll talk later, ok?" Cami winked before signing off on Skype.

Looking back at him, I remembered today we were supposed to go to an opera. And I'm still not ready.

Oh shit!

"Shit! I forgot, give me five minutes and I'll be ready." Jumping from the bed, I collected my chosen dress from the closet, waiting impatiently for them to leave me. Looking at the two of us, Cora slyly smiled at me before walking to her own room.

"Uh, Rick, I need to change."

Hearing my voice, he jumped a little. A blush crept on his cheeks before he walked out closing the door.

Oh Rick, what are you doing to me?

***

As soon as I walked out in my Violet long dress, Rick walked over me to wrap his arms around me. He smelled like he just showered and I nestled my head against his shoulder.

This time I'm in too deep. I've never felt like this when I did a simple hug with my other boyfriends or worse the many one nights stands.

No one can make me feel this shaken other than Rick.

And it was alone a scary and at the same time exciting thought.

"Hey, you ok?" Rick asked turning toward me and before I can answer, he caught my mouth in a soft kiss.

This time even the kisses felt different. Like he will get insane if he didn't kiss me enough.

"Everything's fine," I replied when the kiss ended. Giving me a small smile, he helped me sit in the car and we were off to an opera house.

The entire car ride we were silent. But it was the comfortable one where we both were thinking about how much things have changed.

"We're here," Rick stated quietly. Looking up I noticed we were in an opera house where I wanted to go the moment we arrived in Paris. A grin immediately formed on my lips.

This is going to be fun. 

"Let's take a seat," Rick commented holding my hands, while we sat in the third row. A lovely woman dressing in a black gown gave us the synopsis of today's opera. Thank God, they were using some subtitles cause let's be honest, my French wasn't exactly understood worthy if the next three hours I hear it singing. 

"Hey, where to?" I asked Rick cause he was looking at me like he couldn't believe we're here today. 

His brilliant smile made my inside purr like it never did before. "Can you promise me one thing?" He asked tilting his head toward the curtain which was being lifted. 

I brushed my hand lightly over his cheek. "Tell me." 

"Trust me, always." 

I turned to face him and found him already looking back at me waiting. So I smiled nodding and as the singing rose, I leaned in and for the second time-

I was in heaven. 

***

I know Em isn't this romantic but I wanted to show you guys this side of her. Just tell me how do you guys like it via-

 Just tell me how do you guys like it via-