Chapter 6

Emily's POV

"So, what are you waiting for? Do I need to spell you out that I need to know everything?" Immediately a disgusted expression formed on Sean's face. He took a sip from his drink and looked back at me.

"I don't understand. How can Rick like you? Hell, anyone can ever like you! You're a disgrace to the general girlfriend squad. And not to mention fucking crazy." He asked like it was a puzzle he was trying to solve. I grimaced pulling back from the counter. It was fucking humiliating to think that someone had to ask why Rick likes me.

Maybe it was a mistake. 

"Sean." I retreated back. He was confused as I continued. "I don't know if anyone ever said you this, but you're an asshole who deserves nothing but dislike. You just asked, why Rick likes me? In that one sentence, you just proved if any girls like you, they only like you for your pretty face with no personality." 

I was fuming when I finished my rant. With a glare, I was already halfway the stairs when a hand stopped me from doing any movement. I slapped his hand away, refusing to acknowledge a jerk. I was a fool to think that he can at least try to stay civilized with me. Just because he hated Rick, that doesn't give him the right to act the same with me. 

"I am sorry."

What?

Did I hear right?

"Are you really?" I demanded, crossing my arms as I tried to ignore the fact that I had a date tonight and I let time flew by hearing insults from my boyfriend's jerk cousin. God, I really was an idiot. 

"I'll tell you everything. Just have a drink with me." A defeated sigh left me as I debated whether to listen or retreat. But the honest expression on Sean's face let me decided my fate and with a groan, I took the drink only to gulp them all.

"Let's get on with this." 

Finishing the rest of the beer on his glass, he started, "Three years ago, just like now, Rick came to stay the summer with his girlfriend." Sean stopped to look at my face and I made it blank so that he can't figure out how pissed I am.

I know, I know! That time I really didn't know him on personal levels but it still hurts! And to think he made me come to the same place...Uh!

"So, as I was saying, Teyana Foster was the definition of wild, reckless and selfish girl you've ever met. I hated her you know. If possible, I hated her more than I hate you." I gave him a look as he quickly added. "No offense." 

I shrugged in reply. It's not like I didn't hat- dislike him. I don't hate people. Unless it's that dead Sandra the bitch. 

"Then?"

He jolted like he just came up from a trance. Getting another shot he gave me a mocking smile. "Rick was totally infatuated with her. He didn't notice how she was- different than his types. She was more alive, loved to piss people off, hell, even made me lose my mind." 

Just as he said that something clicked. When I first came here Mrs. William said I was better than- no! It surely isn't what I'm thinking right?

"She was getting her place on my head. I couldn't think a thing without her name popping into my mind every damn second! I knew it was wrong. I knew she was Rick's girlfriend, my brother's girl. But I didn't care." When I didn't interrupt him, he continued. "One day, she came to me crying that Rick broke up with her without any reason. I was confused and mad to see her like that. I promised I'll fix everything between them even if I wanted her."

He stayed silent for the next few seconds making me wonder what happened after. What changed that Rick now hates him like he can't even stand to see the face of Sean? 

"What happened, Sean?" I asked quietly. 

"Mistake happened. After the break up we became friends, we were happy. Rick went back to New York and everything was fine. Then one night- I couldn't...We slept together. And it was right cause she was no longer Rick's girlfriend. But you know the funny thing?" 

This time when he spoke, his eyes flashing up to meet mine, rage, and venom flaming within them. "Rick had the audacity to come to my house, accusing me to seduce his girlfriend who he broke up with and made me a monster in front of my own family. Mom hated me, Cora looks at me like she doesn't want me to call her brother. Hell! I think if there was any way to change the brothers, she would choose Rick over me every-fucking-time." 

I was speechless as I stared wide eyes at Sean who gulping the drink at one go, stood up to leave. What- what the hell is happening!? 

"Sea-"

"No!" Sean growled swing around to glare at me. "I don't need your pity or your boyfriend's fist on my face for talking with his precious girl. The only reason I told you because I don't want you in the same fate as Teyana." 

"But-"

"From now, you and your boyfriend stay the hell out of my sight because God forbid if I ever-" He stopped to take a raging breath. 

"Just stay away." 

With that, Sean left me with even more questions.

***

My mood for the date was slightly...ok a hella lot ruined after the conversation with Sean. I knew according to Rick, I shouldn't trust that jerk. But today, when he told me what happened, I only saw honesty. Even for a few minutes, he was, dare I say, vulnerable. So, I can't exactly think that he lied. 

On the other hand, I know Rick. Even if he was a bully in the past, he isn't a bad person. It's a  surprise that he would break up with someone and then accuse his cousin of sleeping with the same person. Unless-

Unless he still had feelings for her and when he saw- what her name was? Oh, Teyana drifted towards Sean, his jealousy kicked in. Shit! Should I be worried about a girl who was my boyfriend's girlfriend three years ago?

"You're looking beautiful even if your mind is really not on the date." A voice brought me back from whatever I was thinking, to the restaurant I was currently in. More specifically, the date I was in. 

"Are you sick?" Rick asked with concern when I didn't answer him. How can I when every time I look at him, I hear the words oh so cruelly I heard from Sean? 

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and instantly regretted it when I thought about how to approach the conversation without sounding like I knew what happened with Teyana.

Rick looked confused and a little uncomfortable but immediately sobered up when the waiter came up with the desert. We both flashed him a grin to show that we liked the food and just when he left, Rick turned to me.

"Yes, of course. What's it about?"

"I-I want to know about-" I shuttered to finish my sentence when Rick's face went pale. Shit! I didn't even finish my sentence and he looks like he'll faint any moment. Just then I'll take his hands on mine a whisper left his mouth making me retreat in surprise and rage. 

"Teyana." 

***

Shit just got real! 

If you guys like the chapter, let me know by-

I'm out. See you on Friday!