Chapter 7

Emily's POV

You had to be kidding me.

That's the only thing I thought as I trailed off to where Rick was staring like he just saw his dead grandma dancing with the devil. There was a girl who had clear blue eyes and long red curly hair on a plait, wearing a black long gown which complimented her whole look. She looked like a badass and I was pissed off. 

"Rick?"

I had to sound uncaring as possible otherwise Rick will realize that I just heard him calling Teyana, his ex-girlfriend. I could see his eyes widen a bit, his mind processing that we are in a middle of a date. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just got caught up in something. You were saying?" He hurriedly replied and snatched his drink to take a sip. 

He's nervous. 

So I decided to stop playing games and ask him directly. "Who's Teyana?" 

I was never for liars anyway. If Rick was reacting bad earlier, his condition just got worse, like choking on his drink and coughing till his eyes were red. Before he can say something or even breath a little a throat clearing had me whipped around my chair to meet the steely eyes of...Teyana. 

"Sorry for the interruption, but I thought this table was under my name?" She spoke looking at Rick with unsurety. For once, I stayed silent and let Rick talk. 

What's he going to say? 

"Um...this table is under my and Emily's name. I'm sorry, you must be mistaken." Are they going to pretend that I don't know a thing? What the hell!? 

Teyana narrowed her eyes slightly at me, but when I glared at her, she sobered up and turned back her attention to Rick. What should I do? Should I start yelling at Teyana for eying up my boyfriend at my date or slap Rick for not saying a word? 

"Emily, we're leaving." At last, Rick decided to ask the waiter for the bill, sliding out from his chair and to come at mine. But I stayed glued where I was sitting, with an award-winning smile. When he noticed I wasn't going anywhere, he turned to me in question.

"Rick, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" I gritted out even if I wanted to punch one of them in the face and it was probably going to be Rick. By now, several heads were turned to us as I was the only one sitting, Teyana glaring at us and Rick ready to leave. I ignored the look and waited for one of them to say something and it came in the form of a bitchy laugh. 

"Friend? You didn't tell her Rick?" 

I raised an eyebrow. "Tell me what?" 

Rick finally cracked. "Teyana, leave." He commanded in such a tone, which even made me gasp at how rude he was being. I stood up creating a barrier between them because it looked like Rick could kill her. Seeing me standing up, he gave me a small smile which did nothing to hide the confusion and anger I was feeling but fortunately for once, Teyana with a huff walked farther into the restaurant, leaving us in an awkward situation. 

"Wanna tell me what was that?" I stated as I stepped away from him. Sorry but not sorry, I was angry and me being angry could do a serious damage to our- can I even say relationship? We were casual dating, seeing where it goes. But if he kept a secret like this or couldn't even confront his past, then it was a serious issue for me. 

I have almost reached our car when a hand reached out to stop me from storming out. Looking back at Rick, I sighed. I was just so ready to have the summer of fun and new starting. But no matter how much I try, I end up having nothing. 

Being disappointed. 

"Leave me alone." I uttered, my voice hard as I looked at anywhere but him.