Chapter 13

Emily's POV

"Right foot first!"

"I'm handling it."

"Hey, your foot is slip-"

I didn't get to hear the last part because I was already falling on the side of the road as much as gracefully anyone can.

"...ping." Rick finished running to help me stand up.

"Well...This is embarrassing." I stated without looking up, despising the faint shyness in my voice. I am not shy, nor was I ever worried what people thought of me.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed girls looking at Rick swooning and not to mention not looking at me twice like I didn't even exist.

Those evil French wenches...How dare they look at my boyfriend like that!

Unknown to my booming anger towards his admirers, Rick lifted my chin up. "Hey, this is not bad...at least considering my track record of riding a bicycle." He said as he brushed his hand lightly over my arms to get rid of the dirt. Chuckling I got up and went over to the bicycle.

Enough riding for one day...and enough of those lingering stares of the girls.

"Looking at your face, I guess you want to give up for today?" Rick smirked leaning in and kissing me softly.

"Hmm." I murmured backing up.

Take that, girls! He's mine!

A grin immediately formed on his beautiful face. "I know the perfect thing to do today."

I raised my eyes playfully. "Really?"

"Yes! I have some close friends in here. I haven't seen them for a long time and we'll leave in two days so...would you like to come with me?"

He wanted me to meet his friends? Hell yes!

"I'd love to," I answered honestly happy. Nodding at me, he helped me get the bicycle into the truck and we were done, we both got into the truck.

"So, tell me one thing Em-" Rick broke the comfortable silence in the car. "-How do you have no problem riding a bike but you can't even balance a bicycle to save your life?"

A smile broke my face hearing his question. I could still remember the events that made me hate riding a bicycle. If Rick learned the reason, either he will laugh at me or become sad and guilty again. So to take no risk, I shrugged.

"I have no idea why."

But in truth when I was starting to learn how to ride a cycle, I accidentally got into someone else's backyard. That time I didn't realize it was Rick's but it was too late when he with his friends, broke every part of my cycle leaving me a crying mess on the cold ground. After that, no matter how many times my parents tried, I swore an oath that I'd never learned how to ride it.

It was also the main reason why it was on my bucket list.

Now that we're together, I want to erase every bad memory of us. I don't want to remember the cold harsh Rick, I want to remember the carefree one.

The person I fell for.

"Hey, you look thousands of miles away. Sacred to meet my friends?" Rick joked but his eyes looked worried for a second. Taking his other hand, I gripped it reassuringly.

"No way!" I laughed. Taking a deep breath, I looked away from his eyes. "And anyway, Emily Holland isn't the type of person who can get scared easily."

"I know." He said catching my hand and holding it tightly for a moment looking into my eyes.

Oh, why did he have to be so perfect?