Chapter 5

Emily's POV

After the mafia ficaso, things have been kinda slow. I mean for the two days I've been constantly in my room, watching Netflix and eating fast foods. I think the main reason for that has to be- Ok I admit I was still scared that cops will break my door down and took me away because I helped a criminal. 

Uh! Still thinking about that. See, what I told you? 

"Breakfast's ready!" I heard the holler of Mrs. William and after debated a few times, I decided to just join them. So, I unplugged my phone from my charger to see a message from mom. I did a quick reply and as I walked into the kitchen, I heard Cora and Rick bantering over cheese pancakes. 

"Good morning, Mrs. William." I smiled at Rick's aunt who was busy setting the table. When she heard me, she gushed over and gave me my daily dose of hugs. 

Did I forget to mention, I'm starting to like her hugs?

Oh, well. 

I walked over to Rick and slumped next to him. He smelled better than regular. What shampoo he's been using? I get closer to his hair and sniffed.

Wow, it's smell like caramel. 

"Are you sniffing me?" Rick looked amused as he clamped his hands over his mouth to stop the laugh that was clearly shown on his face. But as Cora was beside him, she heard perfectly and started to chuckle hiccupping. 

And I was left sitting there like a deer caught in the headlight look. 

"Hey kids, don't embarrass her! Emily honey, ignore them and eat." Mrs. William's voice turned too clam so we all eat without having another sniffing or Emily embarrassing session. After eating as the two days I'm doing I walked into my room and dropped into my bed sighing. 

"Are you ok?" 

I nodded without looking.

"You look like shit. No offense." I smirked at Rick's blunt reply and looked at him for the first time, he has come into my room. 

When he saw my smirk immediately a similar one reached his mouth. "As a boyfriend, you should do something about it," I spoke giving him a puppy eyes.

No one has ever resisted this look. 

He walked till he was standing right in front of me. A hand reached up to cradle my face and he leaned in to kiss me. With a smile, I kissed him back, making the bed dip. 

"I have a surprise for you." He whispered huskily when we came up for air. 

"What kind of surprise?" I asked curiously, obviously unable to realize what kind of surprise Rick can give me.

"A surprise date. I'll call you the details." 

Before I can scream in happiness and ask him where and when's the date, with a cheeky smile he walked out of the room. I'm going on a date. A datee!! A smile formed on my face remembering our first date. Even if we're casual dating, we only had two dates in our one-month relationship. 

And I'm liking him more and more each day. 

With a bang, I have almost engulfed myself again into The Big Bang Theory when my cell started to ring. Thinking it's Rick calling for the date, I answered cheerfully.

"What's up?" 

"The sky." An unamused voice replied making me checking my phone. It's a private number.

The hell!?

Is that-

No, no! It can't be!

"Who's this?" I asked sternly, but in truth, my hands were shaking. 

"It's Sean. The hot guy you live with." 

Sean...as in Rick's cousin? How did he even get my number?

"Hello? I'm stuck in the bar for half an hour. Pick me up, dammit!" He slurred, a bit incredulously.

Wonderful, he's drunk. 

This time I stomped all the way to Cora's room and started to knock loudly. After what seemed like forever she opened the door like she just showered. 

"Em? What's wrong?" 

I gestured to my phone on the ear and whispered, "Your brother is in the line. He wants to get picked up."

"No."

What?

"Tell him I'm not picking him up!" She yelled loud enough for the whole house to hear and closed the door on my face.

What is wrong with- After sighing another three minutes (I had a watch) I decided to just follow my heart and Rick. 

With a determined voice, I replied, "I can't."

"What did you just say?" The voice on the other side was dangerously low. 

"I can't," I repeated. "And I won't. What I heard about you, you are not exactly the person I want to breathe in the same air. So sorry."

When Sean spoke, he sounded like raging mad. "Are you fucking kidding me!? I can't believe-"

I cut the call before he could curse me to hell. 

Did I sound too rude? 

Should I've-

I was already cursing myself when I called a cab to the bar to pick Sean up. Cami was right. Sometimes, I was too good. 

And it was my downfall. 

***

"You still here?" A voice broke me out of my thought bubbles and I looked at the person standing on my doorstep. A sigh left my lips thinking of the jerk being in the same air as I am. 

I looked back at Sean with fake enthusiasm. "Of course I'm here. My boyfriend and I are spending the summer here after all."

What is he even doing here?

"Oh really?" He sounded like he was putting all his courage into sounding more confused. "I won't lie, Rick doesn't make a good boyfriend. I mean, look at you! All cooped up in your room. You sure, I can't be your company?"

Why the hell he's so annoying?

"Sean!" I said his name as a threat.

"Fine, I won't bother." He replied with quiet conviction. "But know that when my dear cousin breaks your pretty little heart just like he did the last time, then don't start crying like your life just ended."

Last time? What the hell?

Smirking at my reaction he walked back to where he came from and I stood there wide eyes. What was this supposed to mean? I need a freaking answer! So I followed him down the stairs to the makeshift bar. 

"Hey! You can't just drop a word and disappear! What did you mean before about last time?" I yelled not caring if anybody can hear me now.

Sean made a quick laugh. "You really want to know?" 

Do I really?

'Yes, yes!' My subconscious cheered. 

I planted my elbows on the bar, thinking. After a moment I replied, "Yes, I want to know everything."

And I hope Rick wouldn't disappoint me.