Chapter Seven:

-Madeline Grey-

"Maddie, hiiiiii!!!" Jason comes up to me as he drags the 'i' in hi. I hiss in pain. "Ooo that doesn't sound nice. What's up?"

"The sky." I reply, opening my locker. Jason looks at me in a look that screams tell-me-or-I'll-make-you-tell-me. I put my hands up in surrender before I replied. "I have a massive hangover. "

If you know me, then you know that I get cranky when I'm hungover. You do not want to mess with me when I feel like I'm dying.

"We have mathematics now. Yay." Jason squeals with sarcasm spitting from his mouth like venom. I've never gotten along with maths, don't ask me why, I've just never have and apparently neither does Jason.

"JJ." Huh?

I turn around and I'm greeted with a Victoria Secret model in disguise. Gorgeous ombré brown and blonde long hair, neatly packed into tight curls. Flawless figure, that catches anyone's eyes, perfected makeup sat nicely on her pore-less, tanned skin and a fashion sense that any girl would kill for.

"Crystal." Why is it that the tension is always thick?

"Madeline." I interrupt. Both of them look at me and roll their eyes.

"What are you doing here Crystal? Shouldn't you be in rehab?" Well fuck.

This Crystal girl rolled her eyes and just smirked before strutting off, in a manner which made her behind pop out more. Attention seeker.

Gotta admit though, the girl was proud of her figure, she must've worked hard to obtain that, either that or daddy paid for her surgeries. Either way, you have to give it to her, she seems like the kind of girl that would like to give that sense of mystery and bring a lot of drama into school or even outside of school.

I was left with questions buzzing in my brain as to who was she and why the hell was she in rehab, Jason had left to God knows where and here I was in the middle of the school hallway, confused, as everyone walked to their next class.

The second bell had rung by now, I'm pretty sure, but I was too focused on analysing all the different answers that my questions needed.

"Madeline Grey! Class...NOW!" Yeah... my train of thoughts didn't last long as the teacher ,that everyone seemed to hate, shouted at me intensely as I stood dumbfounded in the corridor. I soon scattered out of the corridor and into my lesson, which was maths.

Everyone glanced at the wooden door as I opened it, the teacher eyeing me as I walked in, I heard Jason giggling from the back of the classroom as he tried to put on a serious face but was failing miserably.

"Sorry I'm late?" I said but it came out more like a question than a statement. The class giggled as the new girl embarrassed herself on her second day at school.

"No problem, you must be Madeline Grey." I nod in response. "I'm Mr Lockwood. Please take a seat beside Jason." I smile at Jason as I made my way over to the vacant seat beside him which would now be unavailable.

"Good job. I think you just got awarded the most awkward entrance ever." My smile drops as Jason's snarky, sarcastic mood comes back on.

"Shut up." I lightly punch his arm as we both giggle, trying not to be loud so we didn't get detention.

Maths went by pretty boring and uninteresting, I understood nothing which is no surprise all the numbers look like gibberish and I was not prepared at all to be in a classroom looking at a bunch of gibberish.

The lesson went by pretty fast and before I knew it, it was already lunch time. My favourite time of the day along with breakfast, dinner and snack time. The cafeteria was the one place I actually knew how to get to, surprisingly enough, so I had no trouble getting to it and getting a tray full of food.

Once I found where my friends were made my way over to them and sat down on the table beside them and said my hellos.

The cafeteria was surrounded by pleasant and positive noise, laughter, giggles. It was a positive environment, that was until the infamous bad boy walked in.

A freshman was pushed to the floor, the boy's food dropped and fell on his shirt. The freshman sat on the floor looking up at Hunter with tears threatening to escape his eyes.

By now Hunter has grabbed the freshman's collar, lifting him up a centimetre of the ground. His left hand clenching into a fist about to punch the boy. I quickly get up, my new friends calling out for me not to get involved.

Before Hunters fist came in contact with the freshman's face, my hand had wrapped around his fist, pushing it back down to the side.

"Let him go Hunter. I'm being serious." Hunter faces me with a look that could send someone six feet under. "You bumped into him, not the other way round. So let him go."

After a deep breath he drops the freshman, turning his back, wandering off. The bad boy sure did know how to make both an entrance and exit.

I debated whether or not to go after the troubled boy, and in the end I chased after him after giving the freshman money to buy new lunch and handing him an oversized hoodie that I kept in my bag.

All I knew was that chasing the bad boy was a bad idea.

Or at least I thought so