Chapter four:

-Madeline Grey-

"MADELINE GO!" Hunter was telling me to go but I'm curious sooooo I stayed. I'm so going to get my self killed.

And just like he was reading my mind..."you're going to get yourself killed."

"Probably." I say casually. Jason has his mouth hung open in surprise.

"Fine but don't expect me or Jason to save you." Someone's grumpy, I guess it's past his bedtime. Do you think bad boys have bed times and they always miss it and so that's why they are always grumpy? Most likely.

"MADELINE!" My thoughts were interrupted when Hunter shouted my name and then I was punched, my back hit the wall.

"Didn't your parent ever teach you, it's not polite to pick a fight?" I say as I walk back up to the 6 foot guy that just punched me.

"I swear drama is everywhere I go." I say before I punch the skyscraper sending him to the glass coffee table where Jason was sitting on a couple minutes ago. It was once not shattered and now it's in pieces. I am not paying for that.

"The fuck?!" I heard Jason say, I looked his was and he was amazed. Yeah.. didn't think a girl could punch did he?

"Oh my god MADELINE!!" I swear my name has been shouted at least ten times now.

Before I could even fully turn around, a knife was jabbed into my arm. Been there done that. I look at it and then look at the nicely dressed tree, I noticed that he had a circle with an X as a tattoo on his arm, another reason I left was because of them. I then look back at the knife. I rip the knife out of my arm and inspect the blood-covered metal.

"Nice knife." I say before jabbing it into the mans knee and twisting it so his knee was locked in place. I kick him and he falls back onto the floor with an "oof".

I turn back around and saw Hunter give the last punch before knocking the last boy that was standing.

He looked down at the body and then shrug him self off, looking at me, more like giving me the death glare, whereas Jason was staring at me with awe.

"What was that about?"  Hunter walked up to me, we were inches apart, I could feel his hot, minty breath clashing against with my face as he looked down at me.

"Self-defence, want to tell me who they were?" I look at his blue eyes, inspecting them clearly.

"Some friends." He shrugs of before walking towards Jason. Friends?!

"Last time I checked friends don't attack friends." I retaliate. So the bad boy has secrets...

"Why do you care?" I wonder why he's such a dickhead.

"I don't" I lie, I couldn't tell him the real reason I moved, I won't.

The bad boy glared at me before walking over the unconscious bodies and out of the double wooden doors, that creaked slightly when he opened the door. Jason smiled at me before walking out with him. 

I shake it off and follow them out of the door and I start walking home and to my pleasure it started raining. Yay. Did you sense my sarcasm?

After an hour of walking in the rain, I finally arrived at Sophie's house. Everything was dark, I wonder if she's sleeping, it is 3 in the morning so I wouldn't be surprised.

As I was about to put the key into the keyhole, the door burst wide open revealing a very angry Sophie Dexter.

"Where have you been?! Do you not know how worried I was?! You could of been dead for all I knew!! Oh my god and what where you thinking about sitting beside Hunter?!" I just stood there and blinked, waiting for her to shut up.

"I was walking in the rain, probably very worried, I am not dead, I like annoying people." Once she finished I answered all her questions in order. "Does that happen very often, the gunshots I mean?!" This time it's me asking the questions.

"Not usually. Only sometimes, but never with guns, we usually have our rival school invade our parties." She answers, sitting down on the brown couch.

"I stayed behind and saw that all of the boys had a circle with an X as a tattoo. You don't think that he found me?" I ask taking a seat beside her and removing my jacket.

"No, he couldn't have, not that quickly at least." She answers back."but right now you need to sleep we have school tomorrow." I nod and make my way upstairs to my bedroom.

I grab a towel and make my way into the bathroom that was in my room. I strip down and enter the shower and just let the water hit my face.

Once I'm done I get changed into some running shorts and a tank top along with fluffy grey socks. I dry my hair and put it into a high ponytail.

"OH MY GO-" my mouth was covered.

"Chill, Jesus, I'm not going to kill you." The boy answers back.

"Hunter! What are you doing here? And how did you find out where I live? Oh my god are you a stalker?!" I push him off, which makes him fall on top of my bed.

"Maddie is everything ok in there?" Sophie asks me from down the hall. Hunter glares at me as if to tell me not to say that he is here.

"Yeah, just thought I saw a spider." I answer.

"And to answer your question, no I didn't stalk you, you just happen to be my neighbour and i saw you in you room when you got a towel." He lays down on my bed, adjusting my pillows to his liking.

"Ok, but what are you doing here?" I sit down beside on the side of my bed, making sure I didn't get too close to him.

"What was your deal with Hanna?" He exclaims, putting his hands on the back of his head.

"I don't like bitches. Why are you with someone like that?" I furrow my eyebrows, looking over to him and his face drops.

"I have to keep my reputation" he smirks.

"Lemme guess, the classic bad boy dating the cheerleader captain?" I roll my eyes at the cliche romance.

"How'd you know she's the cheerleader captain?" He sits up straight as if to say that I've intrigued him or that I had his attention.

"Lucky guess." I shrug and go inside my closet to get a robe since I realised that my outfit was quite revealing. "Fucking Sophie!" I whisper as I noticed that my robe was missing.

"Who's Sophie?" He asks. Shit did he hear me!

"My cousin." I blankly say as I closed my closet doors.

"What did she do?" He's asking way to many questions for my liking.

"None of your business. You've found out what my deal with bitchy Hanna was so why are you still here?" I look at him and this time I'm the one glaring.

"There's another reason as to why you moved and I'm going to find out what it is. Don't forget Madeline, no one can resist me."cocky bastard.

He smirks before he leaves out of my window.

I roll my eyes and go to bed where I instantly drift of to sleep.

I wonder why Hunter is the way he is and I'm going to find out his secrets.