35

i sat there waiting for my mom

i sat there waiting for my mom. i haven't spoken to her in months, i just thought it would be a waste of time.

it was getting cold outside, once again, and i only had on a thin sweater. "hayley" i heard from behind me. i turned my head and my mother stood there. she had her purse clung onto her shoulder.

for what happened with my dad she looked fine and like a fucking millionaire. "mom..." she came over to me and sat across from me. i scrunched my brows looking at her.

"how have you been sweaty?" she asked my putting her purse down and taking something out of it. "good...how are you?" i asked her.

i watched her retouch her lipstick with her mirror. "i'm doing amazing" she smiled and put everything back.

how could she be amazing? she just lost her husband? and she is acting like nothing even happened.

asshole.

"how's tyler?" i ask her. "he's doing- he's doing tyler things" she laughed. "you look good" i said pointing out how she was acting.

"oh yea" she laughed. "i met someone" she laughed and wiggled her brows. "so soon?" i couldn't believe what my ears just heard.

"it was time for me to move on hayley" she crossed her legs. "he passed just last month what are you talking about" i kept my cool.

"you don't understand you're only 16" she rolled her eyes. "i'm 17 turning 18 oh my gosh mom" i scrunched my brows and bit the inside of my cheek.

"sorry i haven't been keeping track, age is just age" she giggled.

"i have to go" i stood up. "we barely spoken" she stood up after me.  "i already heard enough" i began to walk to my car. well beverly's car really.

"hayley miles you come back to me right now" she yelled like a mother always does. "why? so i can hear more about how you have a new boyfriend?" i turned around.

"hayley he's a good man" she said. "i don't care about that. mom, dad passed away because of you! and you just go around like nothing. what type of bullshit is that!" i yelled towards her.

"you do not scream at me young lady!" she stomped her foot. "you act like a child" i turned back around and unlocked the car.

"hayley get over here now!" she yelled at me.

i walked into the house dropping the keys on the counter and storming off into my room. "hey-" i walked right passed beverly and got into my room. i kicked the door shut and slid against it.

i ran my hands through my hair and began to cry. it brought back everything from when i was a child.

the amount of times i've cried alone in my room. the amount of times i've heard my parents argue. it just brought me back to it.

the darkening off my room, how quiet it was and the only thing you heard was me. "open up" i heard beverly said. i ignored her and continued my lake of tears.

"hayley open the door" she started to move the door handle. i stood up and opened it like she said. she looked at me and shook her head pulling me into a long hug.

i cried even more, beverly was the only one there for me. she knew what rejection felt like, she was the one who helped me through all of this.

"you're okay baby" she said kissing the top of my head.

richies pov

"where are we going?" i asked bill as we got into his car.

"to pick up your girlfriend...once again" he sped off onto the road into downtown. it was night i thought she was with beverly.

bill obviously knew where to go already, he pulled onto the side of the rode into a club. i looked out the front window and it was flashing lights and so loud.

we both got out the car, "she's here again" the security guard let us in. the room was almost crowded with people, it was impossible to spot only one.

but somehow bill knew where she was, he pushed through everyone, until we reached a corner. "hayley" he said stopping.

and like magic there she was, almost half naked basically, i hope thats only a cigarette in her hand and leaned back into a couch.

she rolled her eyes "leave me to be" you can here how drunk she was. "get up" he crossed his arms. she lifted her self very groggily, i grabbed her quickly.

"hey babe" she giggled and kissed me. i opened my eyes and looked at bill. "keep her distracted" he mouthed to me.

"babe, let's go to my house?" i asked her. she pulled away and nodded, "can we have ice cream?" she asked.

"yes, yes we can"

i sat her down on my couch and went to the fridge and grabbed her a popsicle.

i walked back and she had no shirt on, "peaches where is your shirt?" i asked her. "i swear it just told me it didn't like me and left" she grabbed her boobs.

"yea, i bet it did" i passed her the popsicle. she sat up and grabbed it. i sighed and sat next to her, i leaned my head and turned it to face her.

"i love you" she giggled. my eyes grew wide, she's never said that.

"you what?" i asked clearing my throat. "i said...i love you" she got closer to me putting her popsicle down.

fuck that going to get sticky.

"i love you richie, i love you a lot" she put her leg over my lap and got on top of me. i smiled, but then frowned she was drunk like too drunk.

"babe, you're drunk" i whispered to her. she ran her hand over the side of my face "i love you" she said again inspecting my face.

she looked me in the eyes and in that moment i knew she wasn't just saying that because she was drunk.

"i love you too" she smiled and kissed me.

she pulled away and put her head on my shoulder.

"eddies gay" she said.

"WHAT!"