14

"i hate masquerade dances" i pulled my mask down, it was a red one. it was pretty basic compared to others. beverly has on a black one piece dress with heels that made her taller and her hair curled.

"suck it up, but one thing that does suck is we don't know where the boys are" we walked up the steps. she opened the door for me, i smiled and walked into the barely lit hallway.

"i can already here the music" beverly laughed as we walked in.

as we got closer i felt more self conscious about my dress. it was pretty revealing something i don't do as much. "hey bev i don't think i want to go in right now" i pulled her arm back and stopped walking.

"why?" she raised her brow i swallowed the lump in my throat and looked around her to the entry of the dance. "i just need a minute" i pressed my red lips into a straight line.

"okay.." she began to walk. i stood there watching her leave. "i don't want to go alone" i whispered, a groan escape my lips as i picked my skirt up and chased after the red headed girl into the dance.

she was already inside, so when i reached the door she was gone.

fuck where is she.

i suddenly felt all eyes on me, maybe because i was the only one standing at the top looking like a crazy person searching for her best friend.

richies pov

"tori go get me more punch please?" eddie asked her.

"oh okay" she nodded and left the crowd grabbing his cup. "thank you eds" i sighed in relief i finally got rid of her.

"found you guys" we looked over and saw beverly. she looked absolutely gorgeous, i looked around her but i didn't see hayley.

"hey" she hugged eddie and me. "hey..where's hayley?" i asked her.

she turned around and pouted "she was just behind me" she slowly turned back around but her gaze changed looking upward.

i looked down at eddie who was also looking up. "what are you guys looking at.." i matched up with their gaze up to this girl.

she looked familiar, long brown hair, red lips with a red two piece dress and a mask. she looked around until she locked eyes with me.

i didn't have my mask on so she knew who i was. she smiled and shook her head lightly walking down the stairs. "who's that?" i turned to beverly.

she laughed and shrug "doesn't ring a bell, dance eddie?" she put her hand out.

"please!" he grabbed her hand and they both ran off into the dance floor. "hey where did that bastard go?" tori came back with his punch.

-

i finally found the girl at the bar drinking something.

i knew her from somewhere, i stepped in front of her. she glanced up and a smile appeared on her lips. "hey gorgeous" i spoke up.

"richie" she turned her chair straight and sipped on her drink. "so you know who i am?" i turned also, she laughed and nodded.

"are you dumb?" she turned to look at me once again.

"hayley?" i squinted my eyes. "no" she smirked. i smirked as well, "i'm not falling for that one again" i lifted her mask off with my finger. her eyes fluttered a bit but she looked up at me.

"you did the first time" she raised her brow. "i won't do it again" i purse my lips.

she turned her chair the other way and got off it. i got a full glance of her body but met gaze with her once again. "creep" she rolled her eyes and pulled her mask off the marble counter.

"it's not being a creep but if you enjoy me looking at you like that" i followed behind her. "who said i enjoyed it" we walked through people.

"i know you do" she turned suddenly and we bumped chests.

she looked up at me and i looked down "i don't recall saying i do" i smirked at her "and i don't recall saying you don't either" i grabbed her hand.

she looked down at our hands "yea, so you have no way of saying i enjoy it" she looked back up. my other hand found it's way to her other one.

"last dance of the night?" i questioned. she put her hands around my neck and mines draped around her waist.

"never thought i would be dancing with richie tozier" i shrugged. "miracles happen" she rolled her eyes.

"you're saying you are a miracle?" she raised her brow. "to you i am" she laughed making me crack a smile.

"i hate you tozier" she looked back up at me. "i hate you miles" i smiled.

she shook her head with a smile and looked down. i took my hand off her waist and used my finger to lift her face "look at me" i said and made her face me.

"why?"

"i like seeing your face that's why" i smiled in confidence. "don't you have a girlfriend?"

"aren't you supposed to be with stanley?"

"fair point" she nods but then smiles.

-

"come on" she pulled my hand out the dance into the poorly lit hallway.

"why do we have to go so far?" i followed behind her she turned around and started walking backwards. she smiled and shrugged, i couldn't help but admire her and how she looked right now.

her brown hair wasn't so straight anymore, it was in her face a bit. Her freckles stood out and her brown eyes were really bright. i smiled looking at her, she let go of my hand.

we were outside already, "now come here we did enough running" i pulled her close to me and connected our lips.

i felt her smile against my lips. her arms went around my neck pulling her closer to me.

it wasn't the same kissing her, she was different. kissing tori was more of just having fun, it doesn't mean anything to me but when i kiss hayley it's different. almost, okay this is going to sound cliche, but almost magical.

i feel something with her, something i haven't felt in a long time.

she pulled away from me and giggled wiping my lips. "you got lipstick on them" she wiped my bottom lip with her thumb. "it's doesn't bother me" i shrug.

she looked up from my lips and into my eyes. "frankly i wouldn't mind your red lipstick on me" i scoffed and she rolled her eyes.

"i sadly already knew that" we both laughed.

"well, how about we ditch the dance and i take you out?"

"already asking me on a date, tozier you aren't shy" she let go of me.

"what can i say? when i want something im not too shy" i put my hand out. she grabbed it and looked at me.

"neither am i"