7

i actually tried to look nice today.

i woke up early and sat down on my bed facing my mirror putting my hair into french braids. i pulled some baby hairs out not all though so it doesn't look like i just rolled out of bed.

i got off my bed and opened my closet. i pulled put a pair of black ripped jeans and a rainbow turtle neck, long sleeves. it fit a little tight but not too bad. i put on my black converse and i put maybe a little mascara.

maybe.

i grabbed my back pack and skipped down the steps all happy and shit. i walked into the kitchen where my mom was making food and my brother and dad were eating breakfast.

"morning" i grabbed a piece of toast and drank some of my brothers juice. "asshat" he grabbed it back.

"tyler" my dad eyed him. he shrugged, "can't miss the bus love you guys bye" i kissed my mom and dad and flicked my brother off running out the house.

i walked down to the bus stop and sat on the cement wall letting my feet dangle as i bit my toast. i sat in silence, since no one rides my bus. i put my bag next to me and looked around the sunny but windy day.

maybe i tried too hard? i never dress like this, i should take my hair down. no i tried hard on it.

maybe he will know i tried to impress him. no no i'm doing it for me, yea for me not him. because it won't bother me if he doesn't care or notices.

okay fuck it, it does it really really fucking would suck.

i heard the bus pull around the corner. i grabbed my bag and jumped off the cement wall and waited for the bus to come to a stop.

-

i got off the bus and saw beverly and greta sitting at the bottom of the steps. "woah let me get that number please!" beverly stood up and put her arms up. i laughed and greta smiled, i hugged them both.

"who's the lucky guy?" greta asked raising her filled in brow. "no one, i want to impress my self why can't i?" i roll my eyes playfully.

i see eddie and bill walk up from the parking lot. a lot of hope dies when i don't see richie. they look over at us and make there way to us. "wow wow wow, i've been blessed today" bill grabbed my hand and spinned me placing a kiss on my hands.

i took my hand from his "thank you bill" i glanced over at beverly who had her arms crossed but i didn't comment. "why are you so dressed up?" eddie asked.

"for stanley" beverly cooed. "no! shut up" i wasn't lying but they don't know that.

"aw" eddie smiled. i rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

the bell rang "welp i have to go" i smiled and ran up the steps into the building.

i have class with richie so hopefully he was there. i pushed people out the way lightly though and shoved my self into the classroom.

which was already half full. i calmed down and walked slowly to my seat. i put my bag down and sat there. i looked around the room, but back at the front door. i tapped my foot lightly but each person who came into the door wasn't richie at all.

i started to tap my finger on my hand, i pursed my lips as i watched.

and at last there he was, but he wasn't alone. a girl clung onto his arm. She was way prettier than i, blonde hair, fair skin with blue eyes. one killer body, that made me feel insecure about mine in this outfit.

she wore a cropped tank top with a skirt, is that even allowed in school? i felt my jaw clench a bit when i noticed he didn't sit in front of me but with the jocks and with the girl.

he sat on the table of his seat with the girl between his legs. i sat back in my chair, he didn't even look at me. didn't even bother saying hi or anything. the bell rang and he fell into his new seat. the seat in front of me wasn't taken.

i didn't see his curly hair anymore, i guess that was a good thing.

the teacher began her class as usual with her starting line "morning kiddos."

as class went on i just couldn't stop looking over there. she would turned around and tell him something. he would laugh and smile at her in full admiration.

i kinda felt like crying, for no reason. he wasn't my boyfriend, like at all. we weren't even close like that.

i gripped my pencil tightly in my hands until the lead broke. i groaned silently and placed it down on my desk.

i raised my hand and she stopped teaching to answer my question. "bathroom" i said simply. she nodded and continued her lesson. i grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder walking in front of the class, pissed.

i met gaze with richie finally. he glanced at my full body and back at me. i rolled my eyes and pushed the door open making sure to close it harshly.

maybe he'll get the memo.

-

"what happened baby?" beverly ran up the bleachers dropping her bag. "nothing" i wiped my face, noticing i had mascara running.

"tell me what happened" she turned my face to look at her. "really it's nothing, just personal reasons" i shrugged and mess with the end of my sleeve.

"not buying it, but i won't pry" she pulled her bag up and dragged out a sand which and passed it to me.

i thanked her and we ate in comfortable silence. beverly and i always have comfortable silence, it was never awkward around us. we just got each other, she got me and i got her.

maybe that's why i ran around in my underwear around her and not be embarrassed.

but i was 10 so.

i sighed and rested my head on her shoulder. i bit my sandwich, "boys huh" she said.

i nodded, i kinda wanted to cry again. but i didn't im no pussy.

sometimes at least.

"boys are assholes, they just want to get in your pants" she was talking about bill.

"big assholes" we both agreed and bit into our sandwiches.

"i love you bev"

"i love you too hayley"