Chapter 3 - Magic

Lucky it's the weekend because if I was forced to go to school so many people would end up unconscious

The police meeting went well enough, even though I ended up charged with accidental death. Just as I was thinking if I would be invited to Olivia's funeral I see the same sandy haired boy waiting for me out the front of my house. I wander out to the front on my house and made a mental note to pull out the weeds in the front garden, it's getting out of hand.

"Hi, did you want to talk to me?" I ask, preparing myself to answer some painful and/or demanding questions.

"Yes I do," Coen says cunningly, "Do you know who I murdered?"

I have absolutely no idea about who he murdered and I don't want to know. But I don't think I have a choice.

"I accidently murdered... your mother." He continues solemly.

I feel as if I've just been shot. A bullet to my heart. A cold fever takes over all of my body as I fall to the pavement. For 15 years I have thought that my mother died giving birth to me, can I really believe this guy? I've never really had a conversation with him before so why should I believe him now? I quickly pick myself up from the pavement then begin to walk inside.

"Trust me, I didn't mean to kill her or even hurt her for that matter. She was just at the wrong place at the wrong time." Coen calls after me, I decide I need to confront him otherwise he will never go away and also I just want to punch his annoyingly attractive face.

"Why should I believe you? You never talked to me before I killed Olivia plus my mother died during childbirth, you didn't murder her. You are just some sicko that doesn't even know what you are talking about. Leave me and my family alone." I say in a bitter whisper because I know that would cause the most damage.

His face is unreadable (but only for a sliver of a second) it's either shock, anger, sadness or something else that is not clear. Then his expression went back to his normal blank face.

"I don't know what I have to do for you to believe me, but your special. Mortals feel guilty after they murder someone - accident or not. I know your not feeling guilty at all. Please believe me, it's not safe here. People are hunting you."

"I don't believe you," I reply coldly.

Coens eyes change colour from blue/green to purple as he holds the sides on his head and look up into the sky. I back away from where he is because this is getting fucking creepy.

"Don't go Kyra, I have to show you something." He says in his weirdly normal voice, too normal.

I fight the strong urge to do what he says but it's just too strong. I unconciously walk over to him, his piercing purple eyes making their way into my soul. Everything starts to look disorientated and out of scale until I can't see anything at all so I close my eyes.

What I see in my minds eye

I can see myself standing next to a lady who looks strangely familiar to me (I remember her from somewhere, she looks like me). We are staring down at billions of people doing paranormal labours. The cliff that we are standing on is jagged and if one of us falls then that would be the end for them.

I can't hear what she's saying but she is motioning for me to follow her into the cave behind us. In the pitch-black cave Coen is walking towards me, he's wearing a draped, midnight black robe that's so long it is now dragging on the floor behind him. I walk up to him and he kisses my cheek politely then we walk inside the steamy cave.

He starts to talk to me but I don't know what he is saying because I can't hear anything. The me in this foresight seems to be agreeing with what he's saying. Next he lights all of the candles around the cave with a click of his fingers and they show a trap door in one of the many unilluminated corners of the hollow rock.

We look up, instead of a ceiling there is light. With no warning Coen takes hold of my hand and we jump into the light.

I wake up and see that I am still standing right where I had fallen unconscious. Coen is still in front of me but his eyes are back to normal now, he is looking at me as if to see me reaction. I turn away from him and run inside of the house because I don't know what the hell just happened.

"Please come back, I can explain everything you just saw." Coen begs.

"I don't know what I saw or how I saw it but I don't want to know." I yell at him, run inside and lock the doors behind me.

When I get inside the house it isn't left how I remember it, there are knives stuck into the furniture, blood stained the carpet in the living room and my Dad is nowhere to be seen...

"I told you it isn't safe here on earth. Please listen to me, I can help you. I don't know where your Dad is but I know how to find him." Coen yells imploringly from outside.