Melodies and Outings- Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

"All I was going to say was that I love your drawing. It looks so realistic and amazing, but I can tell you don't want to hear that. What's wrong?" Kaitlyn asked.

"He happened," I said in a whisper. I felt her approach me, and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Ariel, I don't know much about him. Actually, all I know about him is that he's in the famous boyband called One Direction. I don't really care about celebrities lives, but I do know that he is kind and honest. If Harry says... I think you should talk to him actually. I'm not saying that Harry won't lie to you, but it'd be harder for him to lie to your face than through your phone," she said slowly as if she were choosing her words carefully.

"You're right, Kait. It's just... It's going to be awhile until I can talk to him again. Their last European show is in Lisbon, Portugal. That's about a month away. They just finished their last show here in England, so their next stop is France after their week off."

"Well then, see him during this week."

"I can't. I'm busy this week with my date tonight and... Other stuff that everyone else wouldn't consider important but I do," I mumbled out.

"What would that be?"

I turned around and said, "Spending time with Alex. I promised him this week I would help him recreate the remained two Toy Story movies. Knowing him, it'd take him at least two days to get through the second one, and at least four to get the third one done. He loves that film," I said with a faint smile.

"That's great!" she said with an honest smile. "But I can tell something else it bothering you."

"I remember my past with you," I said quietly and looking down.

"Then what's keeping you from yelling at me and get rid of me?" Kaitlyn asked. I looked up and I saw that her eyes were full of tears. "Everyone gets rid of me eventually."

"Kait, don't say that. Who said I was going to yell at you or get rid of you?"

"Wait... You're not?" she asked as she looked at me confused.

"No. Look, I know we all make mistakes. Some people more than others, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a second chance. Kait, I recognize the fact that you used me and made me suffer in the past, but it's evident that you regret it."

"How do you know that?"

"I know that by just the way you looked at me when Cher kept telling me indirectly everything you did," I said with a smile. "You looked like you wanted to deny everything, but you knew you couldn't. Just the way you looked so panicked was enough to prove that you regret it."

"Wait... Cher did what?!" Mary shrieked from the kitchen doorway. "I am so going to kill that rock star."

"Mary, it's alright. We all knew I saw going to remember eventually so it's a good thing I did now. But before you tell Cher that I remember her... I only remembered Kaitlyn. Cher? Not so much. All I know is that she is one of my oldest best friends and that her nickname is Brat. She became my friend right after Kaitlyn stopped being mine, so I don't actually recall her. But, Kaitlyn, what I'm trying to say is that I'm going to do what we originally started doing. Let's leave the past in the past and just move forward." Kaitlyn gave me a tight hug and I felt her tears seep through my orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt.

"Thank you so much, Ariel. I don't want to ever lose you. I'm sorry for everything I did to you. I completely regret it, and I promise to never hurt you again. Just please don't leave me," Kait said in our hug. I hugged her back tightly.

"I promise to never leave you. I will always be your friend no matter what happens," I told her with a smile. She pulled away and wiped her tears away. She had a huge smile, but for once ever since I met her, she looked absolutely happy.