11 ∘ Team (RPOV)

September 14th, 2016

"Wake up! We have less than fifteen weeks to plan this!" Alice screamed.

"Calm down. You had less time than that to plan my wedding. It was beautiful," Dad said.

"Well of course it was, but you should know how frustrated I was."

He kissed her cheek as I was standing up.

"Get ready!" She ran out of the cottage and back to the main house.

"How did she not kill Mom trying to plan yours?"

"Your aunt knew better. She didn't ask Mom for much. Not even about the dress."

"Then why can't she do it without me?"

"Because she knows you, too. Maybe you had no choice, since she was one of the ones who raised you. But if it were just your mom and me, you'd be a lot more like her than your aunts." He smiled. "Get ready. We'll see you over there."

Aunt Alice didn't want to waste any time with the wedding so close. Mom and I thought it would be a good idea to include everyone we could, so we went to Grandpa Charlie's.

All the guys were in the kitchen while us girls were in the living room. The only one missing was Joseph, who was taking a nap in Mom's old room.

There was no second of quiet. Especially from Alice. She kept complaining that we had 'absolutely no time to plan a decent wedding.'

She also didn't think we should all be in the same place, so the guys went back to our house. Joseph was still here because Emily wanted him near her, and Grandpa had to do some paperwork for his job, so he was in his bedroom.

"Okay, bridesmaids and maid of honor? And it can't be Bella," Alice said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because she shouldn't have to worry about doing anything. She should be watching everything from the front row."

Mom put her hand on my arm to assure me that she was okay with it. We all knew how convincing Alice was anyway.

Her eyes lit up when I said she could be my maid of honor. I chose Rose, Rachel, and Emily to be the bridesmaids. They were gonna come back for the holidays anyway, so it was perfect timing.

"Okay, give me a minute. I need to figure out where everyone's sitting," Aunt Alice said.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I told them.

Mom sat closer to Alice, and I started walking to the kitchen. I heard a knock on the door before I got there and stopped to open it.

It was a woman. Her hair was short, dark with highlights. She looked extremely familiar, but I couldn't place who she was. It was frustrating.

"Hello, can I help you?"

She looked stunned. "Maybe. Um, does Charlie Swan still live here?"

"Yeah, I'll get him." I stepped back a few feet, and grabbed the staircase rail. "Grandpa!"

"What?" he yelled back at me.

"Come down here!" I looked back at the woman, whose eyes went wide with confusion. "He might take a minute."

I felt kind of uncomfortable with her staring at me, like I was on display. Who was she?

"What is it, Ness?" He came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Someone's here to see you."

"Charlie?"

He froze, staring at her. It took a few seconds for him to speak, and I realized I made a terrible mistake.

"Renée?"