My Theater Experience

So... I don't have very much theater experience. 1: Because I just got the courage to try and do theater. But I will go through the experience I do have.

-Christmas Carol

hen I was like 5 or 6 my town did a production of The Christmas Carol. Ha. Joking. I wasn't in the Christmas Carol. My 3 older sisters were. My third oldest was Tiny Tim (don't laugh Tim was kinda female looking), I don't exactly know what my second oldest was, and my oldest sister was the ghost of Christmas Future... yep. I didn't get to because I was really young and I had asthma and the really bad dust in there would have been too much. Also, my third oldest sister shared the role of Tiny Tim with a now child star... so yeah.

-Elementary School "Plays"

So when I was in Elementary School. Our Music teacher had us do these african type plays. Um... I didn't have a speaking role or even an acting role. I was a "water girl" so basically every time someone says water we have to play music. So... yeah. Bummer.

-Beauty and the Beast

So last year, I auditioned for Beauty and The Beast... and didn't get a part. Then because I was in this Chorus thing that... um so basically at my middle school you have your 4 core subjects, your electives (gym, chorus and such) and then your "Prowl" which is where you're with a teacher and they give you a grade for doing random assignments, I don't know if y'all have it... anyways that Chorus teacher needed to help with the play. So... the villagers were not doing great so we were brought in to fix that. It took a while before we actually got to be in the play. Then one time my Homeroom teacher didn't believe me when I said I was going to play practice because the Drama teacher hadn't put our group on the cast list. Finally she let me go bcause she loves me.
So the play was good even though the guy play Lafou kept forgetting his lines.

-Haunted House

So this past Halloween I was in a haunted house. So when I went to auditions, my hair was frizzy and I looked like I had been shocked or something, I was nervous about doing creepy stuff in front of these people, and I was worrying about the project I had to finish for school. So... my turn comes around and I'm asked to scream loudly, do really weird movements and such. Then the group thing was to ask like I'm tied to a wall and trying to get help. I did incredible. I got the role as prisoner and wore a see-through blue gown that was covered in fake blood. No one doing it really "liked" me per say... I'm awkward in front of other actors... c'mon guys, I'm an introverted 14 year old give me a break. I was great... I was on a table being cut up so I could be "eaten." FUN!

So now this one is upcoming and it's the production of Wizard of Oz. Also, I may get it... but not a main role. There were a lot of girls in there... which richer parents. <-- That comes from my theory that the drama teacher only cast the rich and popular kids as the main roles. But... who knows.

Okay... so I'm also not gonna be in any high school plays. My high school took away the theater arts program. AHH. But the theater that does the hounted house each year will get me roles in their plays. That could get me in the good graces of the administrators at UNCSA (an arts school that I wanna go to to get a BFA).

Thanks for taking the time to "care" about my theatrical accomplishments. Bye y'all.