Unpopular Theatre Opinions

Today I figured I'd talk about my different opinions when it comes to theatre. Here we go.

Be More Chill

Now I know I said this last time, but I really don't like it, it's not my taste. One reason is the portrayal of girls. Legit all the girls are the stereotypical girl, even Christine is kind of a stereotype for theatre kids. Also, it honestly sucks. You can't have the FIRST FREAKING LINE be about waiting for porn to load. Porn DISGUSTS me, so yeah. Also, I just didn't enjoy it.

I think Larry Murphy isn't that great of a dad 

I know everyone's like: "What? But- he was loving to Zoe and a 'supporting father figure' for Evan." But, um... aren't you forgetting about someone? You know... Connor? If you don't remember... at the dinner conversation right before For Forever Cynthia talks about how Connor knew that Larry read his emails in which he responds... "Somebody had to be the bad guy." ...What? Somebody had to be the... No! They really didn't! Connor was troubled... Larry really didn't do much to help stop Connor from killing himself. Speaking of which in the scene after You Will Be Found (reprise) Cynthia says that the first time Connor threatened to kill himself Larry said "He just wants attention." Which is just... wow... dang... you're definitely not nominated for father of the year. Also, his role in Requiem is horrible and extremely selfish:

"I gave you the world, you threw it away,

Leaving these broken pieces behind you

Everything wasted, nothing to say

So I can sing no requiem"

Yeah... Nope... uh uh. Zoe's anger makes sense... Connor did in fact abuse her...Larry however wasn't abused by Connor. Also, Zoe even says to Larry that he treating Connor like a criminal and wanted to punish him.

Yes: he is caring of Zoe... but most fathers are caring for their daughters. But he honestly puts the kids through pain... as Zoe states in the scene before If I Could Tell Her, she talks about how her parents fight a lot, also in Anybody Have a Map... he is too busy on his phone to help get Connor to go to school. Then he says that he doesn't listen and is probably high... dang!

One more thing... he doesn't seem to care about Connor being gone. I would like to call back to the scene where Cynthia and Larry go to Connor's school to tell Evan that Connor's dead. When Evan asks what they mean by Connor's "last words" Larry says this: "Connor, uh, Connor took his own life." Pay attention to that phrasing. "Took his own life" is an odd way to say it. Not "Connor killed himself or Connor committed suicide, but "Connor took his own life. Most people use the suicide one... I may be reading into this WAY too much... but people break the news using "This person committed suicide" but he didn't. Point is, the phrasing makes my point brighter.

Anyways, let me make this clear, I love Larry but his father side is lacking... sorry? So, I know some may have this opinion, but I feel like it'd be unpopular. Let's move on before Mat Pat sues me for stealing his "thing." So, yeah he isn't that great... but that's just a theory... a musical theory. Sorry Mat Pat.

Hamilton should have voted Burr

I know this is kinda judging history, but they give more about the situation in the musical. Hamilton voted Jefferson, who he has been arguing and disagreeing with for the ENTIRE second half of the play. But Alexander voted for him over Burr, and this ultimately cost him his life. His reasoning behind this was that Jefferson at least has principles. But... voting for Burr is way better. Burr has no morals, so he could be swayed to do the thing we all need. As Jefferson, who Hamilton disagrees with on basically everything, would do things Hamilton would disagree with badly. Yes, Jefferson was a pretty good president... but his reasoning makes 0 sense.

________________________________________________________________________________

So guys, those were a few of my possibly-not-well-agreed-upon opinions. Here are my sources:

Dear Evan Hansen:

Dear Evan Hansen: Through the Window book

Hamilton:

I got the idea from the Everything Wrong With Hamilton video. But I agree with it.

Also, sorry the Larry Murphy one is so long, I had to go all Film Theorists on you guys.

And let's go back to the "Hamilton is not 'real music' thing I mentioned last time, I told her I tagged her and she was all like: "Who cares... f**k Hamilton." And I wanted to backhand her... I love to talk about backhanding her... She aggravates me. You know who you are wft_losers_club666

Thanks for reading... stay cool my musical friends... stay cool. And... stay alive (hahahaha). Bye y'all!