Ksimon- I'm here

(I got motivation from both these wonderful writing prompts)

Simon's POV:

He acts all tuff, he acts like he is the strongest man in the world. Yet I know he's not, I know he cries in bed when he thinks I am asleep. I know he can hardly sleep because of the games his mind plays with him. I know I love him and I want to help but he won't let me...well to much.

I wake up to his crying once again, I turn over to see his back facing me. I slowly sit up, and lean over him placing my hand in his face.

"I'm right here sweetheart. I'm always right here." I whisper softly, getting is attention. He turns and looks at me. His eyes, the emotion, the pain in his beautiful eyes... makes me want to cry.

"I've heard those words before." JJ claims. I nod and swing my leg over his stomach, so I was sitting onto of him. I knew he could hold my weight. I also knew he likes when I sit in his stomach. Especially when he grabs my hips.

"I've said them before to you darling. Because I am right here and I could never hurt you." I state trying to convince this man I love him, we have been dating for a year and because of his mind and depression I still have to reassure him that I love him. I don't mind, I want this gorgeous man in my life for ever.

"I've heard them before, but not from you..." he mutters and I see more tears running down his face. I use my thumb to wipe the tears off his face then kiss his forehead, cheeks, nose and I make sure his eyes are closed before I kiss both of his eye lids gently.

"Who have you heard them from JJ?" I ask softly, rubbing my hand along his arm and his bare chest.

"My father... he said that to me every day, then when he got back home... he, he..." JJ stutters, chocking on his words as he holds back a sob.

"Baby, I'm right here and no one can ever hurt you again. I'll protect you." I reassure him, he nods and takes a deep breath.

"He got back home every night drunk. He beat me, and rapped me a few times... my mother was to afraid to stop him so she protected Deji." He finally breaks down and shoves me off of his stomach back onto the bed, and stands up walking around of the room. I don't hesitate to follow.

Knowing I am following he starts to speak again. "He treated me like dirt at nights. Then I was his favorite in the mornings once the alcohol wore off. What if I turn out like him Simon. What if I beat our kids... What if I hurt you."

I pull on JJ's arm once he reach the bottom of the marble white stairs and I turn him around to look at me. His eyes fixated right on mine.

"JJ I know you won't hurt me, because you are nothing like your father. You are stronger, you are kinder." I state lovingly.

"No, I'm a bomb. I will go off and everyone will get hurt... including you. I can't let that happen Simon. I can't let you get hurt. Especially by my hands." He growls and rips his arm out of my grasp and walks into the kitchen. I run after him.

"You can't hurt me." I repeat.
JJ whirls around to look at me, and backs me up to the wall.

"I don't want to hurt you." JJ states calmly.

"Exactly, you won't hurt me." I  really agreeing with him.

JJ pushes up closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist.
"I should push you all away... I'll hurt you all. I don't wanna hurt you."

I sigh and run my fingers though his hair. "JJ you can't hurt me. I know you. I love you. I care for you. And I know you care about me, because if you didn't you wouldn't be here standing with me right now. And if I didn't care I wouldn't be here. You are the light of my life. You are my sunshine. You are not a bomb." 

JJ looks at me tears in his wonderful golden eyes. Golden because the sunlight that was now peaking though the windows reflecting off of his eyes. "You promise?"

"I promise." I state and kiss the top of his head. Then I look back at him. "I promise on my life. I love you and I care. I promise I won't leave unless you want me to. I promise I will be here forever." I whisper looking in his eyes once more.

I see him smile and he pulls me closer. "I love you to Simon."
"I am very glad to hear that." I beam.

Everything goes into a comfortable silence. JJ puts his hand on my face and I close my eyes. Nuzzling my face into the warmth. I feel him pull my face closer to his as he puts his other hand on my face and gently kisses my lips. I don't hesitate to kiss this wonderful man back.

Because I know one thing for sure, I love him and will till the end of time.