Chapter 18: It's Over

I feel like this song really connects with the way Malvolia feels.

Chapter 18: It's Over

"I had Harry pick it up yesterday," Uma replied motioning to the purple electric scooter parked now in front of us. "And I think I found the spell she used." She showed me the page in the spell book.

"I don't think it's going to be that easy," I frowned looking at Uma, "she cast that spell outside of the barrier, we're making the spell inside it. Despite my ability to use magic in here, I'm not certain it'll be strong enough to work."

"It will work," Uma replied frowning, "We're talking about you. The girl who held the barrier open with her bare hands and still managed to cast a spell."

"Which almost killed me," I replied.

"But it didn't," Uma replied smiling wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "we both want the same thing. You need your barrier down to take your kids away and I want to show them I can't be so easily written off. This is the only way." I looked up at the house to see the kids looking down from the balcony and the windows. I had to get them out of here.

"I'll give you a moment to say goodbye," Uma replied, "while I get a few other things done."

"Yeah," I replied looking back at the kids who were frowning at me. Uma walked away and I immediately shrugged.

"What are you guys looking at me like that for?" I asked.

"Do you have to go alone?" Joann frowned.

"Look, we get the barrier down and you all will be on that ship with Harry heading down to Auradon," I replied, "and I'll be right there to greet you at the port."

"Promise?" Jordan asked.

"Promise," I replied pulling out my pinkie. He curved his pinkie around mine. "Now, I have to go talk to Rhea." I walked into the house. I found Rhea in my room feeding Phi.

"What do you think of the plan?" Rhea asked. I frowned as I sat on my bed.

"Honestly, I don't think it's going to work," I replied frowning. "What are the odds Princey is going to accept her peace talk after we tried feeding him to the sharks?"

"Then what's the point of going along with her if you don't trust it's going to work?" Rhea frowned.

"Because I still need to get to Auradon, Rhy," I frowned, "We can't be living like this. I'll start working on a backup plan once I'm over there."

"The kids don't want you to leave," Rhea replied, "and I can't take care of them by myself."

"Well, ask Freddie for some help," I said. Freddie was Facilier's daughter. She was decent compared to the other's on the Isle. "I'll leave Cyrus here and considering that link he has with me, I'll know the moment something's wrong and come rushing back. I'll also take Phi with me because I know how much of a handful she can be. Not to mention, she'll help bring sympathy our way. With how cheesy and gullible the people over there are, it shouldn't be too hard."

"I don't know," Rhea replied frowning.

"The cotillion is tonight, so at most, we'll only be gone today and we'll see each other tomorrow morning," I replied smiling, "Everything will be fine."

After a while of talking with Rhea, I managed to calm her nerves before I went down and gathered the kids in the living room to explain to them everything that was about to happen. Not many of them were happy about it considering they all had abandonment issues. Most of these kids were disowned and abandoned by their parents forced to look after themselves in the streets. It was already two when Uma showed up and I managed to calm the kids.