Chapter 13: Holland

Chapter 13: Holland

I looked in front of me as I stared at the pathetic reflection in the mirror. My skin was pale. My neck had a red purplish bruise around the neck looking almost like a collar. I looked like just a sack of bones underneath skin. The bags under my blue and purple spotted eyes made my eyes look sunken in. They had red lines from all the water works they had previously done. The tip of my nose was red and runny. I guess that happened when you cried too. My chest would kind of jump a little as I struggled to keep the sniffles from coming up. My cheeks were puffy and irritated from where the tears rolled down. I shook my head looking through Uma's things till I found a pair of scissors. I grabbed a strand of my purple hair. I opened up the scissors putting the strand between the blades. I felt my eyes water as I looked at what I was going to do. I closed my eyes as a tear streaked down my face and I chopped it off. The more strands I cut off, the easier the feeling became despite the tears rolling off my face. Strand after strand fell into the sink. I ignored the pain of my ankles as they complained about my weight. I wiped away the residue of my tears as I came to the last few strands.

"Hey!" Uma suddenly shouted as she came over stopping me from cutting off the last strand of purple. "What are you doing?" I pulled my arm out of her grip as I turned to glare at her. "You shouldn't even be standing!" I went back to cutting that last strand. My hair was cut messily and uneven. I walked back to her bedroom sitting on the bed with my back against the wall as I grabbed my notebook and began to write.

I'll sign whatever you want, just bring me Dizzy.

Uma stayed quiet and it took her a moment before she turned and began to walk when I realized I forgot to mention something. I grabbed the pillow on her bed and chucked it at her head. Uma turned to glare at me as I quickly finished writing the rest of my message.

Tell her it's a dye job, baby blue and a hair cut.

With that, Uma turned around and walked back out. I kept my gaze on my hands as I waited for Dizzy. I had to do it. I was just doing exactly what they did to me. Considering Dizzy lived on the other side of the Isle near my home that was currently taken over by the three monsters, it was a good bit before she showed up. I looked up when I heard her gasp. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she saw me.

"Lia!" She shouted running over to me crying, "I thought...y-you w-were dead!" She hugged me and I hugged her back as she cried into my stomach. I rubbed gentle circles in her back. I let her calm down before we talked.

You should have a little more faith in me, Diz.

"I'm sorry," She replied sniffling. I ruffled her hair smiling.

You know you're adorable, right?

"W-what happened to your hair?" She asked.

I lost a battle with a pair of scissors. Mind saving me from humiliation?

Dizzy smiled as she nodded her head. She helped me even out my hair in the bathroom.

"Wait, but you want to dye it?" She frowned. I nodded my head. "But your hair-"

Dizzy, please just do it.

Dizzy frowned, but didn't continue to argue. I sat on a small stool in the bathtub as she worked on dying my hair to make it all completely blue and not having those ugly purple highlights I was born with. When she was done, she dried my hair with a blow dryer before she straightened out my hair. I stood up going to the reflection in the mirror checking out my bright yet warm baby blue hair that seemed to shine underneath the light from the bulb. The hair barely made it an inch past my chin and the part was more toward the right than the left putting more hair on my left. I examined the strands for any sign of purple. There was not a single one. I looked at the purple specks in my eyes. I narrowed them down in my reflection trying to make them flash that fiery blue and cast out the purple. My mouth fell open when they glowed, but almost immediately, they returned to normal.