Chapter 4: It's Just Business

"This is unacceptable!" Jafar shouted motioning to the junk I stole earlier, "More than half these things have my 'no steal' policy."

"'No steal' policy?" I said confused.

"When a customer buys from me, they have a chance to buy the 'no steal' policy meaning I will not re-steal it," Jafar shouted, "I can't sell any of this junk! You have to go and get me more!"

"Newsflash, old man!" I shouted back at him, "You didn't steal it, I did! There's nothing in the policy about selling restolen sold goods now, is there?!" Jafar's mouth fell open.

"Ah-ha!" Jafar suddenly shouted making me jump freaking me out even more when he pulled me up in a bear hug and lifting me off the ground. "You evil little genius! Maleficent! What a magnificent daughter you have!"

"What can I say?" My mother replied, "she takes after her mother." Jafar and my mother laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'll expect fifty percent of the profits," I replied making Jafar freeze as my mom cackled even louder.

"What?!" He said.

"I'm not your child and I sure as apples don't work for free," I replied crossing my arms, "if you're expecting another supply load, you'll have to agree to my terms or you can get off your lazy butt and do the actual work yourself." Jafar looked like he could kill me with that glare. "It's just business, old man."

"You're a manipulative little she-devil," Jafar said fuming.

"And don't you forget it," I smiled as I turned and walked away heading to my room.

"Shed the distance, shed the time, take me to the ring like mine, Evie," I replied as I laid in my bed closing my eyes. I appeared into their dorm room. Mal was doodling into her notebook as she laid on her bed as Evie worked on a dress of hers. I noticed Plain Jane was also here clinging to Mal's bedpost whining about her godforsaken life.

"Mom said if a boy can't see the beauty within, he's not worth it," Plain Jane complained, "can you believe it? What world does she live in?"

"Auradon?" Mal muttered sarcastically as she continued to draw.

"Whine, Whine, and whine, is that what she came here to do?" I asked.

"Pretty much," Evie whispered as she continued to sew.

"There's got to be a better way to get the wand than having our ears bleed out from a whiny little fairy," I retorted as I went over to walk over to Evie. I stood over her watching as she sewed the blue dress.

"I haven't found one," Mal muttered back.

"Do you like?" Evie asked holding up her dress.

"Yeah, it's cute," Mal said looking up for a moment before going back to her drawing, "it brings out your eyes." Evie looked at me expectantly.

"Cute, but no way this drag of a school is going to let you wear it," I replied.

"What do you mean?" Evie asked.

"That the color would make your eyes stand out," Plain Jane spoke up making me and Evie look at her confused.

"Oh, right," I said remembering, "she can't see me. What I mean is if they have curfew, they most likely have a dress code, Eves." Evie sat there lost in thought thinking about the newfound advice I gave her. She began sewing again.

"I'm never gonna get a boyfriend," Plain Jane complained letting herself fall onto Evie's bed.

"Boyfriends are overrated," Mal said not looking up from her book.