Gone

PERCY'S POV

I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of Lily. Finally, I gave up on sleeping. I walked over to her crib, wide awake now. I reached down to pick her up, but all I felt was blankets. I panicked and started looking everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found. I shook Annabeth until she woke up.

"What do you want?" She groaned sleepily.

"Lily's missing," I said. She sat straight up.

"Did you check everywhere in here?" She asked, worry painted all over her face. I nodded. "Let's check outside. We went into different rooms, and I quickly changed into a sea green shirt and jeans. Annabeth came out in a black tank top and light jeans that were ripped at the knees. She grabbed my hand and we ran outside.

"There." We heard a voice say. We could tell just by her voice that she was wearing a sneer. Annabeth mouthed, 'Rachel'. We crept up on the sound of her voice and hid behind a bush. Rachel ran away, not noticing us. Once she was gone, we came out from behind the bush to see Lily. She was duct taped to a rock, tape covering her mouth, arms, and legs. She was trying to scream and squirm, but she couldn't. Tears fell down my and Annabeth's cheeks as Annabeth quickly un-duct taped her. Annabeth cradled her in my arms, kissing her and crying. Lily smiled, knowing she was safe in her mother's arms, but she still looked scared. I rushed over to them too, and we walked back to the tent. Lily slept peacefully with us, and Annabeth swore she would kill Rachel before she fell asleep.