Look Down, Look Down

PERCY'S POV:

I walked into the library, wanting to check on Annabeth. I walked in and saw her sleeping, The Book Of Dust open as she used it as a pillow. I went over to her and picked her up bridal style. She nuzzled against my arms and curled up in my embrace. I carried her out to the ocean. I sat down and lay her down with her head on my lap. I leaned against a rock and played with her hair as she slept peacefully in my lap.

"PERCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I heard a shrill voice call. I heard Rachel run noisily down the sand until she was right behind me. Instead of turning around and talking to her, I pretended I didn't know she was there. Annabeth began to stir, Rachel shrieked and ran away. I smirked as Annabeth sat up. She squinted into the distance and saw Rachel running away.

"What did I miss?" She asked laughing.

"Well, I can now inform you, Rachel is scared as heck of you." Annabeth nodded approvingly.

"Good to know." She lay back down on my lap.

"Percy, thank you," Annabeth said, smiling up at me.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"I don't know, for everything." She wrapped her arms around my waist and used me to pull herself up, and kissed me on the lips. When she pulled away, she said, "For that." She said. I hugged her and said,

"You're welcome." She slowly started shaking. "Annabeth, are you ok?" I looked down to see she was crying. "Annabeth, what's wrong?!"

"I just can't believe I found someone as spectacular as you. I don't know what I would do without you." She said, smiling through her tears. I took her hands in mine, and said,

"I love you Annabeth, and I always will." Annabeth hugged me around the neck, and I lay down. We both fell asleep listening to the wonderful sounds of the sea, and me listening to Annabeth's soft breathing.