Life is cruel

A new camper named Lily walked over. She was a daughter of Athena, and only 4 years old.

"Rachel?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Yeah?" I said between wiping away tears.

"Why are you crying?" I looked at her and smiled. She didn't understand, but I figured it wouldn't be worth it to lie.

"I liked someone, but somebody else took him from me." Lily looked down and her eyes filled with sadness.

"That happened to me. Once." I stared at Lily as if she was an alien.

"It did?!" She seemed too young to be going through that kind of drama.

"Don't you remember?" Lily questioned. "My big sister, Ariana, died fighting the cy-cy-"

"Cyclops?" Lily nodded. I sighed. She was confusing the two likes.

"That's not the kind of like I mean." By now I wasn't crying. Lily was really sweet, and she had calmed me down. 

"Hey little Lil!" That was Annabeth's nickname for Lily. Wait, Annabeth?! I looked up to see her holding Lily in her arms.

"Oh! Hi Rachel! Weren't you were using the bathroom?" 

"Oh-uh-I forgot." Annabeth smiled. As much as I hate to admit it, her smile was beautiful. With those pearly white teeth, and the sweetness all poured in it.  

"That's ok! Seaweed Brain forgets everything!" I had to use everything in my will not to get mad. "Why don't we go train with Lily?" I shook my head. "C'mon! It'll be fun!" Finally, I gave in.