XIII // He's Back In Town

Luna plopped down on Peter's couch and tears rolled down her face. They were back from another pack meeting but it was hard, this time she couldn't handle it anymore.

Peter noticed and rushed to her. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He kneeled before her and caressed her cheek.

Luna shook her head and leaned into his touch. "I can't do this anymore.."

Peter looked into her eyes, searching for an answer. "What do you mean?"

"We say we're moving forward, but with the pack, we're still a secret. I can't-" Luna sobs and starts crying.

Peter embraces her and pulls her body into his. His hand traces a pattern on her back, trying to calm her down. "I know, sweetheart. We'll tell them."

She pulled back, looking at him with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Yes of course. This is making you unhappy and I don't want that." He smiled and removed a few fallen strands of hair out of her face.

"I love you." Luna says and kisses him.

"I love you too." Peter smiles and sits down next to her. He pulls Luna into his lap and holds her close. "I will do everything to make you happy."

Luna lays her head on Peter's chest and feels a warmth blooming inside of her. It's that familiar feeling that she has, whenever she's alone with Peter. Inhaling his scent, his arms around her and his nose nuzzling her hair, she thinks there's nowhere she'd rather be right now.

But of course it had to be ruined. It's like fate wants her to be happy for only one second so it can be ripped away from her.

Luna's phone rings and she sighs. She feels Peter's chest shocking and she looks up to him.

He chuckles. "You don't have to answer it, if you don't want to."

Luna sits back up and grabs her phone. It's Scott. She looks at Peter. "I better answer, it's Scott."

Peter nods, understanding.

Luna picks up. "Hey Scott, what's up?"

"Hey Luna, eh.. well... I guess you should come and find out yourself." Scott sounds different than usual, startled almost.

"What are you talking about? Can't you just tell me, I'm at Peter's now." Luna sighs, she doesn't want to go home just yet.

"Luna. You should better come. Now."

"Eh.." Luna looks at Peter, who nods in response. "Okay, I'm on my way."

~~~

Luna parked her truck on the driveway and noticed there was another car. It looked like... It can't be. No, please don't let it be.

She slowly entered the house and made her way into the living room. And yes, what a surprise, her dad was on the couch. She already knew that car outside was his, but she didn't want it to be true. "What are you doing here?" She asked, it sounded ruder than she meant it to be.

Her dad looked up and his eyes connected with hers. He looked taken aback by her blunt attitude. "I want you to come back with me, Luna, come back home."

Luna stepped forward, shaking her head. Suddenly Scott entered the room and looked between the two of them. "No, I can't just come with you."

"Why not?" Rafael stands up and approaches her.

"I've got friends here, dad, a life." Luna smiles at Scott and then looks back at her dad.