XXV // The Past Is The Past

Peter woke up by the sound of someone knocking on his door. He blinked a few times to get used to the morning light and then he got out of bed. He walked straight towards the front door, hoping it was Luna. He opened it and there stood another love of his life. Emily.

"Hi Pete," she smiled.

Peter swallowed hard and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping we could talk?"

Against Peter's better instincts, he stepped aside to let her in. His soft side for Emily was taking over now.

Emily knew her way around his apartment and made her way to the couch. She sat down and waited for Peter.

He sighed as he sat down in the chair opposite of Emily. She hadn't changed a bit, she was still as beautiful. He shook his head to get rid of the thoughts. She broke his heart.

Emily opened her mouth to say something, but Peter was first.

"Why'd you do it? Why did you leave me?" He asks, eyes staring straight into her's, those green ones he fell in love with a couple of years ago.

"I..." Emily started and sighed. "I didn't want to leave you, Petey."

"Don't call me that, Emily, you're not the person to do that anymore," Peter shook his head.

"I still love you, Petey."

"Then why'd you leave me?!" He suddenly shouted.

"Petey," Emily shook her head.

"I said cut it with the nicknames!" Peter combed a hand through his hair. "Say the words, why'd you leave me?"

Emily sighed and opened her mouth to speak. "I got a call, babe-"

"Don't call me that," Peter said shortly.

Emily licked her lips. "I got a call from my work and-"

"You got a call from the bakery so that's why you left me?" Peter asked disbelievingly.

"I... I was, and still am, an agent at a secret organization." She sighed.

"What? You hid that from me?"

"I did, because they hunt down werewolves and I didn't want them to come after you. But then I got that call and I knew they had come closer to finding out you were a werewolf, and I just had to protect you." Emily took Peter's hand in hers and smiled softly.

Peter pulled his hand away harshly and looked her in the eyes. "I am capable of protecting myself, Emily." He stood and gestured to the door. "I'd prefer you leave."

Emily sighed and stood too. "Pete, please," she tried. But Peter shook his head no and gestured again. Emily moved to walk past him and when she was at the door, she turned around and said, "I never stopped loving you, Peter."

"But I did stop loving you," Peter sighs and moves to the door to close it.

Emily looks briefly at the ground and then looked him in the eyes and nodded. "I see." The tears were visible in her eyes and Peter couldn't stand to see it. She walked away and as Peter closed the door, a tear rolled down his cheek.

He didn't still love her, he tried to convince himself of that. He had to, because he loved Luna, and he had never felt that, what they had, in his entire life. He had to sort things out.

First things first: apologize to Luna.