XVI // Birthday

It's funny how, when you fall in love, you start to notice and learn little things about the other. Certain habits and movements. Peter noticed them all. He could sum them all up, and there would be no ending, because every second he spends with Luna, he finds out something new about her. Like how she chews the inside of her cheek when she's nervous. Or how she first pours in the milk, and then adds the cereal, when eating breakfast. Or how she starts to spin her ring around her finger when she's flattered. Or now, Peter is staring at Luna while she's sleeping. She smiles a little at each fourth breath out. It's cute. It's addicting. Luna is like a drug to him. Her voice is the only thing he wants to hear, like his favorite song on repeat. Luna was his favorite song. He can't ever stop loving her, stop admiring her, because he's addicted to her.

Peter's attention suddenly snaps back to reality. She stopped smiling. She's waking up! Peter looks around, making sure everything's ready and perfect.

It is.

Luna opens her eyes and the first thing she sees is Peter, laying beside her. He smiles and looks at her like she's the most precious thing in the world. To Peter, she is.

"Happy Birthday." Peter says smiling and kisses her. When he pulls back, he looks around as a hint.

Luna looks around too and wow. Peter has decorated almost every inch of her bedroom.

Luna is speechless and Peter takes that as a good sign. He smiles at her reaction.

"Wow, Peter. You really didn't need to do all of this." She smiles and looks at him.

"I wanted to. I wanted to make my baby girl feel special on her eighteenth birthday." He smiles, and kisses her again. "I've got you a gift." He smirks, rolling over to the bedside table and taking a little box out of the top drawer. He rolls back and nervously gives her the box. "Happy birthday, baby."

Luna opens the box and Peter manages to leave her speechless, again.

"It's gorgeous

"It's gorgeous." She manages to bring out.

"Just like you," Peter smiles widely and points at the inside. "Look here."

'Always yours x P.', is engraved in the inside of the ring.

"Awh... Peter." Tears pop up in Luna's eyes and she smiles and kisses him again. "I love you so much. You didn't need to do all of this."

'It's not all', Peter thinks to himself. He's got another gift for Luna, but that one's for later. He stands up from the bed and walks to Luna's side. He holds out his hand and guides her downstairs. There, Scott and Melissa are waiting downstairs in the kitchen.

"Hey twin," Scott smiles and hugs her, "Happy birthday."

"Happy birthday to you too, twinno." Luna laughs and hugs him back.

"Awh, my little girl is becoming a beautiful woman." Melissa almost says crying.

"She already is." Peter smiles softly and watches as Melissa and Luna hug each other.