Prologue

"Dad, you can't keep me from going", I say while walking across my room to throw my clothes in a big bag.

"I can. In fact I will." He stops me in my tracks and looks at me sharply.

"Dad! I know Scott doesn't want to see you, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to see me!" I shout at my dad while packing the bag and walking past him, downstairs.

Dad storms behind me downstairs and grabs my arm so he can turn me around. "He doesn't want to see me?" He asks disbelievingly.

I shake my head no. "He doesn't." I sigh. "We called. The one he does want to see, is me."

"Luna, as I said: you're not going." He says stern. His eyes full of pain, by the thought of Scott not wanting to see him.

I throw my hands dramatically in the air as I shout, "I haven't seen mom and Scott for years! Not since you signed the divorce papers."

Dad sighs and takes a deep breath. "I know you miss them. I do too-"

"You do?" I scoff. I laugh sarcastically. "Well, you didn't miss them last week when you brought that whore with you back home. Or the slut the week before that. You had too much fun with them to miss mom and Scott! These walls are paper thin, you know?" I shout, tears streaming down my face now.

He opens his mouth, but doesn't speak. He doesn't have anything against that. He can't change her mind.

I shake my head and walk outside, slamming the door behind me. I jump in my truck and throw my bag on the seat beside me. I swallow and turn on the engine. Then I drive away. When I'm out of town, I stop on the side of the road. I bury my face in my hands and sob. This was the fifth time this week I had a fight with my dad. It's been happening more often lately. He's gone back to drinking. Just like back in the days, when Scott and I were just kids.

Scott and I were 7. After dad came home drunk, again, he and mom got in a fight. Scott was accidentally knocked down the stairs. I saw the whole scene, right before my eyes. Mom told dad to leave, and so he did. They divorced and dad got custody of me and mom of Scott. That was 10 years ago. I haven't seen Scott or Melissa ever since. My twin brother and my mom. We only talked on the phone a lot.

Scott told me about him being a werewolf. He was bitten by some guy named Peter Hale. It sounds bad but the bite made his life so much better. He met people which he never thought he'd develop such a strong bond with, he became a true alpha, he got a pack... He protects Beacon Hills from all the supernatural creatures and other hazards that are drawn there. Just like now. Another danger has approached Beacon Hills, and Scott called me. He called for help.

A U T H O R ' S
N O T E
—————————————
Thanks for reading this first chapter. It's pretty short, but I had to introduce Luna, her background and why she came to Beacon Hills.

There may be some crappy English in here, but that's because I'm from the Netherlands. If you see any mistakes, comment them and I'll change it.

Please vote and comment!