XXVI // Automatic Pilot

Luna sat down in her car and sighed. It was her turn to do grocery shopping and she hated it. But that wasn't what was bothering her.

Her fight with Peter was still in the back of her mind and she couldn't get it out of her head. They had been together for almost 2 years and then his ex came rolling back into Beacon Hills.

Luna sighed again and turned on the engine. She drove away from the parking lot, her destination should be home, but instead she unconsciously drove to Peter's. Her mind drifted off and her autopilot took over.

She only realized she'd been in front of Peter's apartment when she got out of the elevator. She looked around and face palmed herself. She turned around to leave but then the door to apartment number 4 opened and Peter appeared in the door way. He must've heard her heartbeat with his werewolf senses.

"Luna," he sounded surprised, but desperate.

Luna bit her lip and turned around to face Peter. She smiled awkwardly. "Hi. I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to show up here unannounced," she said softly.

"I don't mind, Luna," Peter smiled, "Please come in..."

Luna nodded and stepped inside the familiar apartment and waited for Peter to follow her inside. Then she just stood there like she was a stranger in the apartment.

"Luna, please, sit down." Peter gestured.
"I know we need to talk."

"We do," she answered shortly, looking down, afraid to look Peter in the eye and with that forgive him for everything. She plopped down on the couch and Peter sat down next to her. He kept his distance because he knew she was mad at him.

"I had very strong feelings for Emily, and those do not just disappear, you have to know that. Those emotions also include the heartbreak she put me through, and you were the one who helped me with that, Luna," He sighed.

Luna nodded. "So, I was just a rebound, then?" She said, trying not to shed any tears.

Peter shook his head no and scooted closer to Luna to take her hand in his.

She looked at their hands folded together and couldn't help but feel how right it felt.

"You were not a rebound, Luna. Yes, you did help me get over Emily, that is true. If you were a rebound, would I want a future, a baby, with you? No. I want to have a future and kids with you because you are the love of my life. I love you, Luna." He said with tears in his eyes, that little smile on his face and his hand squeezing Luna's softly.

Luna looked at the ground and nodded. Then she rolled into Peter's side and started sobbing. "I love you too, Peter."

He pulled her close and held her. "Then why are you crying?" He asked concerned.

"I just really hate being mad at you and not talking to you, I am sorry," she said, murmuring into his chest.

"Nawh, baby," Peter said and kissed her head. "I promise, from now on there will never be a day that goes by without us talking, okay?"

Luna looked up, into Peter's eyes, and smiled softly. She kissed him and nodded. "I really really love you."