XXVII // I Worry

"Will she leave town or is she going to stay here?" Luna asked Peter, looking up at him as she laid against him on the couch. They were at Luna's for a change. No one was home, except for them.

Peter looked forward and shook his head. "I don't know."

Luna sighed. "Why did she show up here after all this time?"

Peter shrugged. "I don't know. But I promise you, she won't get to us." He brushed some hair out of Luna's face and smiled.

Luna smiled back at him and nodded. "How long were you in a relationship?" She asked out of curiosity, and maybe a bit of jealousy but she wouldn't admit that.

Peter stays silent for a second. "Six and a half years." He sighs. "I was going to... propose to her the evening she left."

Luna stares forward. She swallows hard. Then she nods.

"Luna, you are the love of my life. You bring out the best in me and I've never felt like this. When I'm with you, I can't breathe air for a second. You're one of the two loves of my life." When Luna raises her eyebrows at that, Peter places his hands on Luna's stomach. "One of them hasn't set foot on this earth yet, but I know I'll love it unconditionally. Like I love you."

Luna couldn't help but tear up at his words. Tears of joy left her eyes and she smiled up at him. She kissed him lovingly and caressed his cheek. "I love you so much."

Peter smiled as they pulled back. He then looked at the clock. "What do you think about a date, we haven't had one in a while."

Luna nodded at him and smiled. "That sounds lovely." She stood up from the couch.

"Can I go out like this?" Peter asked, looking down at his clothes.

"Babe, in my opinion you always look good, so yes." She smiled and kissed him again. "As for me, I'm going to get changed," she said, looking down at her sweatpants.

Peter nodded and stood up. When Luna looked at him with one eyebrow raised, he said, "I just love watching you get naked so I'll come upstairs too." He winked.

Luna shook her head in amusement and pulled him upstairs. As she went in the bathroom, Peter went into her bedroom and took a look through her record collection. He pulled The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths out and put it on the record player. He planted himself on the bed and let the music drift into his ears. Luna certainly had good music taste. In his opinion this was one of the best albums in music history.

"Are those The Smiths I hear?" Luna asked, stepping inside with a smile. Peter looked up and smirked. He knew she always, always, listened to music when getting ready. He watched her sway her hips to the music and smiled to himself.

Half an hour later they were singing together. "To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die." Peter stopped after this line and caressed her cheek. "It would be heavenly."

"There's a light that never goes out. There's a light that never goes out."

~~~

Their night out was amazing. She didn't know she needed this. They went for a dinner first at one of Luna's favorite restaurants and after that they went to a bar and had a few drinks. A few too much in Luna's case, and Peter felt nothing of it of course. As they drove home, Luna got very touchy and ended up sucking Peter off in his car.

They went to Luna's and once in bed, Luna fell asleep quite fast, while Peter couldn't sleep at all. He decided to go downstairs and have a glass of water.

He sat down in the kitchen and sighed. It was the first time in weeks he hadn't been able to sleep. It was because of Emily, that bitch ruins everything.

He took a big sip of water and heard someone coming downstairs. He looked up when the door to the kitchen opened. It was Scott.

"Peter," he stated. "Didn't expect to see you here." He stepped further into the kitchen and filled a glass of water.

Peter smiled faintly and sighed. "Trouble sleeping." He stared at his glass. "My ex is back in town. I think she's up to something."

Scott frowned. He was, firstly, not used to Peter talking to him like this. Secondly, what would Peter's ex want. "Up to what?"

Peter shook his head. "I don't know but she's always been the possessive type, the 'if I can't have him, no one can'-type. I'm worried she might try to hurt Luna and the baby."

Scott nodded and sat down in front of him. "Luna told me she was back and you made clear to your ex that you wanted nothing to do with her."

"I did, but she's stubborn... Emily." He sighed again and buried his face in his hands. "I just don't want Luna to get hurt, not again."

"She won't, I'll help you out on this one. If you need help with this ex of yours, just ask. I know we've not been great friends but I think for Luna's sake we could try." Scott smiled and looked at Peter.

Peter nodded and stood up. "That would be nice, thank you Scott." He patted the boy on his back and went upstairs again.