chapter 26

tornado unleashed

                As we sat in the airport listening to the radio the wind picked up more. There was an announcement that a tornado was forming just west of us and was coming this way. We could see the tornado from the window. We all desperately searched for th basement door. But we couldn't find it. We ducked under the tables and waited. The sides and of the airport started to screech and all the window shattered into shards across the table. Angie' s leg was cut and my arm was cut. Then the roof caved in and the sides fell on top of us. As the tornado past on the side of the airport some of the debris was thrown around and some was thrown up and landed back on us harder. When it was all over we got out from under the table and dig everybody out. The rain ,snow , and hail had stopped along with the lightning and thunder. The temperature had gone up a lot. Everything in the town had been destroyed. We walked back to our houses which took about 40 - 45 minutes. It was gone. We rummaged through the debris and gathered what we could. Zach, my parents, and I all filled a suitcase. We headed to Angie' s house. They each had. suit case too. We met up with Ashlynn' family and Hayes'. We walked back down to the airport and found our cars just a couple yards away from where we parked them. They were all dented  And the Windows were scattered but the engine still worked. We drove past many families who were all standing on the sidewalk as we made our way uptown to the train station. We all bought a ticket to New York. When we arrived in New York We had Christy' s and Chuck' s parents come down to the train station. We drove to a pizza place to get something to eat. When we were done eating Ashlynn and Hayes' family went to a hotel not too far from Christy' s house. Angie' s family and my family stayed Angie' s house. Her family had bought a house there about a year ago. Chuck stayed at Christy' s house because his family was in Maine. I slept in angie' s room for the night. In the morning we drove to Christy' s house. They were out back riding around on Christy' s horses. We went back and just watched for a couple minutes. We were Safe now.