chapter 24

the big news

      Ryan

    C-we have a problem.......

R- oh no, what happened, what's wrong.                  

C-look on tv

R-why?

C-turn on The damn fricken TV ass.

R-jeez alright alright.

(tv comes on in the background, warning alert sounds blearing)

R-Oh shit,

C- yea, Exactly.

R-so, did your flight leave?

C-no, we were about to take off but they unloaded us. Its been canceled.

R- we are coming to get you guys.

C- no, we are already here.

R- ok. Ill be right down.

I opened my door to find Christy, her sister and Chuck standing in the pouring rain. The wind was really picking up, but no rain. The clouds were black and it was scary. We were standing outside when we heard a big clash and down the street the power line had fallen and it was causing a chain reaction. We darted inside and looked out the window as the pole in front of my house crashed into the ground. We could see the sparks fly and lighting crashed into the ground. There was a huge rumble of thunder and the house shook..

We all started down stairs.

Angie, her parents, my mom, step dad ,Christy, her sister, Zach, Chuck, Rufus,and me.

Its a good thing my basement is big. We could hear the thunder and Because the power was out the lightning was lighting up the basement. We lit candles and put flashlights all around the room. We sent a group of people upstairs for food and drinks. We already had a bathroom down stairs. :s .  

Angie, Christy, Chuck, and I went upstairs into the kitchen. We grabbed alot.

cheez-itz

Crackers

peanut butter

bread

cookies

cereal

And some water bottles

juice boxes

And milk. We had a mini fridge downstairs and some empty cabinets. I was trying to call Ashlynn and Hayes but they weren't answering.

We had 3 empty bedrooms downstairs and 2 couches.

Zach and Christy' s sister were in the first room.

Angie and I were in the second bedroom.

My mom and step-dad were in the third.

Rufus slept on the floor in my room, while Chuck and Christy slept on the couch.

We slept down there for The night while the wind knocked a ton of things down and the rain pelted hard against the small window. Once in a while the room would flash and the house would shake because of the thunder.  We were all awoken by a massive boom of thunder. The house shook and I fell out of bed. We all hung out in the main room. We played air hockey and billiards. It was fun. We got board though. The power was still out and our radio was boring. There was nothing about the weather until another warning came in.

                                                   ATTENTION

                                                   ATTENTION

      LOCK YOUR DOORS AND HEAD DOWNSTAIRS. TORNADO WARNING

TORNADO WARNING.

   Chuck

I grabbed Christy and hugged her tight. Tighter than I ever have. She hugged me tighter too. We kissed and I walked over to Ryan.

We talked About the storm and he walked over and kissed Angie. We all hung on the couch and talked about absolutely nothing. Until we were all disturbed by a pounding thunder and the smell of smoke. We all ran upstairs and looked outside. The house across the street was up in flames. The couple was standing on the sidewalk.

                  Ryan's Mom

The people across the street were standing outside while there house burned. We could hear sirens. We invited them inside and dried them off. We all went back stairs as the sirens came closer. We heard a loud noise and the trees in the back of the house had fallen. They were all over the ground. They just missed the window. We couldn't do anything. Boring. Boring.