Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I can’t stop thinking of Brianna on my way and when I arrived in the office. I could feel her disappointment and hurt with my reply. My heart keep telling me to give her a chance to prove her love to me while my head refuse to give her that chance because I really don’t want to be hurt.

My wish for her to stay put to prove she’ll fight for our love is already granted but now it’s all up to me whether I want to give her a chance to prove to her words. She promised me that it won’t happen again but how could I be sure about it.

It was late in afternoon when I suddenly received a call on my mobile phone.

“Is this Mr. Anderson?“ asked the other person on the line.

“Yes, that’s me,” I answered.

“Mr. Anderson, this is Officer John, do you know Miss Silverstone?” he asked.

“Yes, I know her; she’s my fiancée,” I responded almost immediately. I don’t know why I admitted that she’s my fiancée. “Is she ok?” I eagerly asked. God, let her be ok, I silently prayed.

“She’s been robbed but otherwise she’s ok,” he said, “She’s right here in the police station. Maybe you could come and get her?”

“Yes, I’ll come immediately,” I responded and quickly got the police station’s name and headed there. On the way to the station, I called my mom informing him about Brianna and tell her not to worry about it as I’m on the way to get Brianna.

Upon reaching the police station, I immediately went to see Officer John who was having a light conversation with Brianna and his colleague.

“Brianna,” I called and immediately went over to her and hugged her tightly. “You ok?” I asked and examined her body.

“I’m ok,” she confirmed, “I’m sorry I have to ask them to call you. I only have your number. I don’t have grandpa or your parents’ number.”

“I’m glad you’ve give them my number,” I said to her, “You sure you’re ok?”

“Yes, your fiancée is fine,” Officer John interjected. “You should be proud of her. She’s a brave woman. She managed to get the registration number of the robbers.

“Robbers?” I was stunned.

“Yes, there’re two of them on a bike. They snatch my bag with all my things and phone. I tried to chase them but they managed to get away,” she explained.

“You chase after them?” I looked at her with amazed.

“Yeah, she did but as she said they got away, however she managed to get their registration number. We will get them soon and when we did, we’ll inform you,” interjected Officer John.

“Thanks, officer,” I shook his hand. “Please call me if anything.”

“We will,” he nodded and shook Brianna’s hand, “I’m sorry you had bad experience while you are here. Otherwise you will see that LA is actually a nice place,” he said to her.

Brianna smiled sweetly at him, “Don’t worry sir, LA still a nice place for me even though I’ve been rob. It could happen to me no matter where. I just have to remember to be extra careful next time.”

“Yeah, you should,” he smiled back at Brianna.

“Thanks again,” I interjected, “We better get going.” Brianna nodded and thanking Officer John again before walking out of the station.

 “You shouldn’t chase the robbers, they are dangerous,” I said to her once we’re in the car. “Thank god nothing happen to you.”

“I’m not worried, I have black belt. I could easily kick their ass,” she said proudly.

“Well, you might have black belt but you don’t know what they can do to you. There are two of them and you are alone. It’s dangerous,” I scolded her. She just pouted her lips.

I looked at her with her camera hanging around her neck, “So you lost everything except your camera?”

“Yeah, I was taking some pictures when they grabbed my bag I placed on the chair,” she explained. “My wallet, passport and phone are gone.”

“So you don’t have any money at all?” I asked her.

“Good thing I didn’t bring all the money, I left some in my luggage bag,” she informed me.

“We have to get you to the British embassy to get your passport replaced,” I told her and drove her there.

“What is your purpose of visit?” asked the officer-in-charge when Brianna showed her the police report.

“She’s here to visit me, her fiancée,” I told her. Brianna looked at me with a shock in her face. I pretend I didn’t realize it.

“Oh really,” she smiled at both of us while Brianna just blushed, a sight of her that I love to watch. After waited for nearly 2 hours, Brianna passport finally replaced and we walked back to the car.

“Why did you tell her and Officer John that you’re my fiancée?” she asked me once we’re in the car.

“I don’t know. Maybe my heart still thinks of you as my fiancée?” I sincerely told her.

“My heart also thinks the same,” she told me softly. I sighed but remained quiet. Brianna looked at me, “I know I have hurt you and you have all the right to be angry with me. I am really sorry about that. I been stupid and regret for all the things that I’ve done to you. Please Rick, please forgive me, please,” she begged and I could hear her voice cracked.

“My heart wanted to forgive you, Brianna but my head is worried I’ll be hurt again,” I honestly told her the truth about what I felt. “I’m scared that if something happen again, you might choose your sister over me again. I don’t want that again Brianna.”

“I promised you that won’t happen again. I will never choose Lily over you again. I love you and I know that you love me. I was stupid to choose Lily over you. I know and realized that now. I don’t want to sacrifices my love over her anymore because it’s not worth it. She didn’t love me as much as I love her. She didn’t willing to sacrifices her feelings towards you and that shows she didn’t love me. If she does, she would sacrifices her feeling and let me be happy with you. So why should I sacrifice for her? I don’t want to be that stupid girl anymore,” she said softly. Seeing that I just remained quiet, she added, “I have lost your trust in me and I know I have to work hard to gain that trust again, so please let me prove to you that you could trust your heart with me again. I will take care of it and will never hurt you again. Please Rick, please.”

I looked at her and saw tears run down her beautiful gray eyes and I melted. I touched her face with both my palms and wipes her tears, “I love you, Brianna,” I said to her before crushing my lips on hers and she welcomes it without hesitation.

Our kiss tells what we really felt towards each other; longing, forgiveness and desire to be with each other. “I love you,” I declared again on her lips after we both apart gasping for air. “God, I wanted to do this to you when I first saw you in my parents’ house.”

“And I wanted to do the same to you too,” she smiled before I crushed my lips again on hers, kissing her passionately.

“Let’s go home before I lose control and take you right here,” I smiled at her. She blushed and just nodded her head in agreement.